Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

Started my day off early.  Made a trip to Home Depot on my way to my Aunts house to install a water pressure regulator.  Decided I needed a small bag to throw just a few tools that I would need instead of taking my whole bucket of tools.  I find a small bag that I think will work.  However I want to see how map gas cylinders will fit in it.   So I ask the guy in the plumbing department where the map gas is. "Huh, map gas? We have teflon tape."  Me:  No map gas.  Him:  What is map gas?  Me:  You do work in the plumbing department don't you?  Him:  Yes.  Me:  We'll map gas comes in the yellow bottles and propane in the blue bottles.  

Then on the way home I stop at a Carls Jr. to get a jalapeño burger.  My order total comes to $12.07.  I give the young gal a $20 and one dime.  I can tell she is struggling and her cash register is telling her to give me back $7.93 because she rang it in as just a $20.  I tell her my change is $8.03.  She hands me $7.03.  I don't know what it is, but people just don't think anymore.  It seems more often than not if I give people change it screws them up and they can't count.  Had to get the Manager to count for her.

bought the rupes 15, new compounds, and new pads.  also snagged the smaller backing plate to run the smaller pads on the porter cable and a tshirt.  didnt see the nice button up shirts but no big deal.  just hope it gets here with that free ground by friday lol.  see what happens when you need more polishing compound, you buy more stuff lol.

cleaned the inside though and used the pc on my tailgate, just 1 step orange, 1 step white, and 1 coat of lps.  total of 2 fenders and tailgate done, but 2 passes of orange on the hood didnt do it with the 7in PC gen 4 pads and older gen compounds.  cant wait for the rupes 15.

Edited by fortplainman

Went and did a one day adventure by myself.  Was a lot of fun.  When I got to the top according to my gps I was at 11,304 feet.  Was a lot of work but rewarding.

Lake on the trail.  

post-706-0-26111900-1437952262_thumb.jpg

This next picture you can see the Great Salt Lake and the valley.

post-706-0-05701900-1437952431_thumb.jpg

How I got there.

post-706-0-15373400-1437952768_thumb.jpg

post-706-0-33528300-1437964594_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I fixed it.

Edited by LFairbanks

However I want to see how map gas cylinders will fit in it.   So I ask the guy in the plumbing department where the map gas is. "Huh, map gas? We have teflon tape."  Me:  No map gas.  Him:  What is map gas?  Me:  You do work in the plumbing department don't you?  Him:  Yes.  Me:  We'll map gas comes in the yellow bottles and propane in the blue bottles. 

Soon as I read Map Gas....I had to think for a second.......Guess it it where you live because here everyone I know uses the Blue Tanks (propane).  

I don't know what it is, but people just don't think anymore.  It seems more often than not if I give people change it screws them up and they can't count.  Had to get the Manager to count for her.

The younger generation does not understand math like my generation and older.  We had to do it all by hand instead of using technology.  Now if you get to my father's generation that was the slide ruler.  He talks about the first pocket calculators. 

Oil change on the Durango, with tire rotation and while they were off I cleaned and sealed the barrels.

You mean the part nobody sees... :jester:  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

J/K Brian!

As for the OP: I went bass fishing this morning, got 16 in about 2.5 hours.  Pulled Booboo van out of the garage to wash it since no rain in forecast which meant it rained for a couple hours and no clean Booboo van.

Manana!

Edited by Captain Slow

Soon as I read Map Gas....I had to think for a second.......Guess it it where you live because here everyone I know uses the Blue Tanks (propane).  

Map gas burns hotter than propane, thus making the soldering of joints somewhat faster.  Due to map gas burning hotter, you have to have a torch that is designed to work with map gas for this reason.  A propane one will get ruined.  $15 bucks for a propane kit, versus $43 for a map gas kit.

Edited by LFairbanks

Left the Dart in the garage while I washed the wife's Booboo van. Dart gets a much needed bath tonight along with an interior cleaning. Thank goodness it's silver 'cuz any other color but white would show a manky Dart.

On a side note bass fishing totals for the year went over seven hundred on Tuesday night. :thumbsup:

Got up early to beat the heat and sunlight this morning. Did a nice hand wash with the foaming pad, which works great on this big truck. After that I went ahead and applied a layer of Americana and man it really pops this red truck. The iPhone pics just don't do that much.

IMG_1681_zpskh0lpfft.jpg

IMG_1680_zps3uzsyfrt.jpg

IMG_1676_zps8gkzra89.jpg

IMG_1675_zpsfl4iorxy.jpg

Washed the Dart then used competitor spray wax as a drying aid, hit the door jambs, trunk and hood margins as well. Tires got a coat of otc tire coating and the wheels got a coat of Adam's Quick Sealant. Almost forgot, front end and headlights got Quick Sealant as well. I love how bug guts just don't stick! I'm good to go until fall. Tomorrow morning before heading to the office I'll vacuum the interior. 

Two nights in a row sweating like crazy, felt great!

Now to sit back and wait for the rain that is currently NOT in the forecast.  :willy:  :jester:

Edited by Captain Slow

Washed and HGG on my girlfriends Expedition. Then interior detailer the inside.

Showed her how easy it cleaned up something our 4 year old had gotten on the door panel. Her response was "Looks like you better get a lot more of that so you can clean up after him."

I'll be ordering a gallon on my next order.

Edited by FrozenWS6

foam gun wash on the girlfriend's Tiguan... used sealant from brand X. Trying to use up products I have so I have good reason to buy some Adam's stuff. 

20248182101_ecfbe96aa3_b.jpg

my favorite towel for detail spray touch up

19621394153_6937fb6aa9_b.jpg

Tire Shine and Undercarriage spray to finish

19621396383_3f6c370999_b.jpg

This, and it beat the crap out of me.  15 miles round trip.  The pictures will explain it all.  Fun, but a lot of work.

post-706-0-30226600-1439175002_thumb.jpg

My ultimate goal to get there.

post-706-0-83644100-1439175094_thumb.jpg

post-706-0-40884100-1439175193_thumb.jpg  post-706-0-60786400-1439175295_thumb.jpg

post-706-0-88404600-1439175416_thumb.jpg  post-706-0-86514400-1439175513_thumb.jpg

post-706-0-52546400-1439175618_thumb.jpg  

The city picture below is hazy due to inversion.  Get it in the winter and middle of summer.

post-706-0-66524600-1439175755_thumb.jpg

If you look at the picture below, you can see people climbing it.

post-706-0-41068000-1439175850_thumb.jpg 

Edited by LFairbanks

It sucks getting older; got diagnosed with TFCC injury on right wrist. I've been having pain opening doors, fishing, using a can opener, etc. Finally gave up on Advil and went to see the MD. So no fishing for a while and car washing will be rinseless for at least the next month since I don't want to get this fancy splint wet. Only time I've taken it off is for shower. Neighbor's wife is a Physical Therapist so I'm going to inquire about exercises to help with healing.

Good luck with healing up, Paul.  Funny how when your young you think your invincible.  I'am taking a bunch of vitamin supplements recommended by my Dr due to results of blood work.  At least it isn't medication.  It could be worse.  My brother got hit on his motorcycle in the middle of June and hasn't had a real shower since then.  Driving him nuts sitting in a chair with his leg up.  Had surgery number 4 on Monday and now is fighting an infection, mrsa.  

Best thing you can do is to start moving it now.  My wife had shoulder surgery a couple years ago and started physical therapy 2 days later and has perfect range of motion.  Trying to convince my brother to do the same, but he is stubborn and the fact that he is having surgery what seems like every 2 weeks doesn't help.  

Friend at work had his Infiniti washed, clayed and sealed this morning. When I went to go home for lunch I noticed they missed a spot removing the sealant so I got out my MF towel and Adam's Detail Spray and made it right.

Edited by Captain Slow

Friend at work had his Infiniti washed, clayed and sealed this morning. When I went to go home for lunch I noticed they missed a spot removing the sealant so I got out my MF towel and Adam's Detail Spray and made it right.

Good work Captain Shine!

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered a new laptop, Digital Storm Harker.  I don't play games, so it is configured with a mobile workstation video card.  Nice thing about the Digital Storm computers (also have one of their desktops), is that they are a clean install; OS and drivers only, no other software/bloatware.

The specs for you techies:  17.3" HD display, Core i5-4690, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Quadro K1100M, Windows 10.

I also like the basic, clean look of the case; no logos, no flashing lights, no brushed metal.  The backlit keyboard colors can be changed.

DS Harker.JPG

DS Harker 2.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Wife calls me after dropping girls off at school. She's in traffic behind a Subaru WRX STi and loving what she's seeing and hearing.

Mrs. Captain Slow: "Why don't you trade the Dart in on that?"

Captain Slow: "They're $40k and manual transmission only."

Mrs. Captain Slow: "What colors does it come in. That blue I'm looking at is real sharp!"

03.jpg

Captain Slow: (Not believing what he's hearing)   :eek:  "Every time I left you'd hear vrooooooooom psshhhh, vrooooooooom psshhhh, vrooooooooom psshhhh,vrooooooooom psshhhh"

Mrs. Captain Slow"And?"

Captain Slow: "Vrooooooooom psshhhh. How about I buy the G8 back and drop a Maggie on it for under 30k."

Mrs. Captain Slow: "NO!"

Captain Slow: "So close!"

Mrs. Captain Slow: "Nope, not even close."

Captain Slow: CENSORED

Should have quit while I was ahead... :loser: