Customer Service 866.965.0400

Damaged leather...

First I would like to say that I am am a complete noobie to detailing and I don't know a lot about leather.

Ok anyway, about a week ago I was compensated by a friend for detailing his interior with Adam's complete interior kit. A few days ago, I tried out the interior cleaner and brush on the leather of my '06 M3. Much to my dismay, I saw large chunks and specks of black stuff coming off on the towel. Further inspection revealed a rather large area of leather that was discolored and worn off. (please note that I did check for colorfastness on an inconspicuous area and all was well)

Now comes the time for me to admit I was wrong. I immediately became upset and jumped to the conclusion that the product was to blame. So I sent Ashley an email right then and there. As it was Friday afternoon and if I'm not mistaken, most of the team was at a show all weekend. So I called ashley on Monday morning and was told that she was going to forward my concerns to Adam. Not long later I got a call from Adam, and after a bit of talk we agreed that I would try applying the conditioner to see if there was any improvement. There was not.

I sent Adam another email with the results, and out of anger and frustration with the circumstances, told Adam that I expected that he replace the leather on that portion of seat (here's the second time that I need to admit I was wrong).

Another email back from Adam and he said he could not replace my seat because the leather had been re-dyed prior to my ownership (for times sake I won't go into how he arrived at that conclusion, but trust me, he was right). Adam then offered me a $100 dollar credit as the purchase was not made by me and he couldn't refund me.

Again out of frustration and ignorance about leather and detailing in general I refused and again asked for my seat to be replaced (wrong again). This time I got s call from Adam. We had a lengthy conversation and my rational brain finally caught up with my knee jerk reaction. In the end Adam pointed me in the right direction to re-dye or replace my seat cover, and on top of that gave me a $150 credit!

Anyhow, I would like to sincerely apologize to Adam for my hasty assumptions and my unreasonable requests. At the same time I would like to thank Adam and the rest of the team for your amazing service and dedication to customer satisfaction. In all reality Adam, you did not have to give me anything as the blame for this lay with either the previous owner or the dealer I bought it from. You truly have a customer for life and I hope there is no hard feelings!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was great of Adam. If it were me I would send the funds back since it wasn't his nor your fault. Adam, just showing hes willing to dish out cash to keep a customer is enuff gratitude for me.

Im glad you guys came to some sort of agreement.

I agree..

and yet another showing of how great Adam and his company are..

The gentlemanly and right thing to do is to not take the refund. You were wrong. Don't reap the rewards.

But we're glad you came to see the light. :thumbsup:

I agree with Rich. Send the 150 back. You will never regret doing the right thing. Glad you came to an answer-but def.send Adam s generous gesture back.

All in all, a good learning experience for you. I know it must have been frustrating.

Keep shinin on!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thanks for your post Steve.... always a bummer when something unexpected like that happens to your ride and just goes to show that the you never truly know what the guy(s) before you did to a car. In the grand scheme of things you got off light... I've seen much worse/shady things come out of nowhere on used cars.

Glad you were able to reach a resolution and if you need anything else you know we're here to help! :2thumbs:

I just used the Interior Cleaner and Leather Conditioner on my 10 year old black Italian leather couch. Wow! Amazing! Guess I'll be ordering more for my car now. ;)

What strikes me most about this thread is not only the customer service, but the experience angle. The folks at Adam's are car care geniuses..all of them. They've seen it all. To me this is extremely valuable when running into a situation I am not familiar with or frustrated with. You guys and gals at Adam's are fantastic and we all appreciate your help!:)

It's always difficult to know what has been done (or hasn't been done) to any car prior to you starting a procedure on any given part. Re-dying leather is very common these days and almost any cleaner will remove it from the leather. I sublet my leather work to a very skilled person who uses some of the most permanent dye I've ever seen, but it'll still come off if you try hard enough!

Congrats Steve on manning up!

- Darryl

Adam just doesn't sell quality products, he is a smart guy. My parents run a little business and when i used to install for them, they always told me, CUSTOMER SERVICE is the most important thing. We are the small guys bidding on the job, thats whats going to make us stand out, and guess what, they were right. And guess what else, Adam has it down pat as well.

p.s lol, when i told my dad of a few stories of these displays of customer service, my dad's first respond was, i bet this adam guy started off as a small little company, like we did and thats why he has such great customer service. So good job adam, and to all your team, great ppl.

Archived