Customer Service 866.965.0400

Machine Polishing - Flex - No Garage

VeeCee

Question

Any advice for doing a first time machine polish using flex. :pc:

My biggest concern is performing the operation in my unshaded driveway.

My garage big enough for my Gen Coupe but not big enough for my Acadia and need to perform correction of minor swirls.

May sound stupid.. but I may need to buy a small generator and find a cool shade spot at one of the local school grounds.:willy:

Vee

22 answers to this question

I have a black truck and my garage is not big enough to accommodate the whole thing. So I work the first 3/4 of the truck then pull it out, back it in and finish the other panels after they cool down. Not the best, but it works and keeps the pollen, dust and other undesirables off the truck while I'm working.

I'm looking for a place to Pc at too. Clayed my car last weekend but bad weather stopped me from pc'ing it. Want to hurry up and polish/wax before I damage the paint. It should be fine for a week after claying right?

Anywho. Living in an apartment sucks. I have buddies who have houses but I think it's too loud to be doing early in the morning. Don't want to cause attention. I'm thinking of just going to work on the weekend when were closed and doing it there lol.

Hey Everyone. Thanks for the great advice. I like the canopy option. Just got back from a Costco run and they have a 12x20 on for $148.00 (come with 4 side panels and curtain door). They also have a 10x10 ez-up. I'm thing the ez up is the way to go. Let you know how it work out.

Vee

Canopys are great as long as the Sun is directly above you. When it shifts, switch sides

Also, make sure you get one with sturdy spikes you can nail that thing down with. A sudden gust of wind will bring you misery otherwise

God bless,

Flash :patriot:

Hey Everyone. Thanks for the great advice. I like the canopy option. Just got back from a Costco run and they have a 12x20 on for $148.00 (come with 4 side panels and curtain door). They also have a 10x10 ez-up. I'm thing the ez up is the way to go. Let you know how it work out.

Vee

Could you possibly fit 1/2 your truck in the garage and do it that way?

Trying to detail in the Sun sucks. It can be done, but makes the job twice as hard IMO

You could also try working at night with halogens, but that sucks too

Good luck and happy polishing :patriot:

Agreed, it can be done in the sun just have to tweak your technique a little.

Another option thats more feasible than buying a generator to work at the park is to get yourself an E-Z up shelter to work under. They're not that expensive and then you can work pretty much anywhere you want.

Definitely try to do this in a shaded area. If not, then make the area you're working smaller - 18"x18" instead of 2'x2'. If it is very warm out you may even need reduce down to 12"x12".

Archived