Customer Service 866.965.0400

Washing Pads

TX GMC

Question

How do you do it again? I can't find my DVD and can't find the topic on it.

Washing PC pads

Mistyped from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<object width="1280" height="750"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PQabUpVZes?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PQabUpVZes?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="1280" height="750" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

18 answers to this question

Here's a tip from a founding member of this forum (C6Bill?) once you have finished washing the pads. Put them back on the PC and give the on/off switch a quick "on" then "off". It will spin a lot of water out of the pad allowing it to dry quicker! Do not let it spin too much as you run the risk of the pad flying of the polisher. Just a few quick bursts.

I seen the tip in the pad washing Junkman video. I modified a little. I do what Chewy does with the spot pad backing plate, but I also took a silver Sharpie and made a circle on the backing of my pads. The circle tells me where the center of the pad is. It is important to center it when using a drill to spin dry. Then I place them face down on a drying rack next to a dehumidifyer. My pads are dry within 12 hours.

Here's a tip from a founding member of this forum (C6Bill?) once you have finished washing the pads. Put them back on the PC and give the on/off switch a quick "on" then "off". It will spin a lot of water out of the pad allowing it to dry quicker! Do not let it spin too much as you run the risk of the pad flying of the polisher. Just a few quick bursts.

That is a great tip, I wish I could take credit for it but it wasn't me who started it. I just pass it along :thumbsup:

What Craig said^.

Do this inside a bucket - keeps the water from flying everywhere and if the pad did fall off the backing plate it doesn't get dirty.

Pretty easy to clean them. Just make sure if you are cleaning them by hand that the water is clear when rinsing. Would be bad to get some polish to dry up in them.

I spray it with APC, work it with my fingers and rinse well, gently remove most of the water from the pad and then put it on a rack of some kind face down.

I don't seal mine, I put them in my canvas bag.

Archived