Customer Service 866.965.0400

First polish job ever and it's on my black Z06

Z06Addict

Question

I would like you to meet Evette:glasses:

picture.php?albumid=532&pictureid=2834

I know at this point you may be saying "Polish what"..... But she's not perfect.

I'm wondering if I could get away with just the fmp for a job like this... take a look at this.:xfingers:

picture.php?albumid=532&pictureid=2836

And here you can see the water spots.

picture.php?albumid=532&pictureid=2835

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!

21 answers to this question

^ when I picked my z06 up it the paint had the same hazy texture.. 2 paint corrections later and its finally almost 100%.

It only had 3k miles on it when i got it and it was in the dealer's showroom...which leaves me to believe the previous owner was the one running it thru car washes or something which left the paint in that condition

First off, welcome Brandon. Very nice car. FMP should be all you need. I would also add the Brilliant Glaze and Americana. That would really make it pop and add depth. Which brings me to this question. Without me sounding like I jerk, was the sun going down at the time you were taking the pictures? The reason I ask (here's the jerk part) is because your paint looks a little hazy or should I say I doesn't look like it has a lot of depth. I know you said you washed it and used some DS on it and it has no wax. Maybe that's part of it. There's just something about the first picture that doesn't look right to me. Maybe it's just me.

Anyway welcome and I look forward to seeing your car after it's all polished and waxed.

Thanks for all the comments, it's great to have a quality site to better your skills with great advice and a great product. Just got my new Adam's package in today...It's like Christmas in May!

:party:

Is it a good idea to tape off joints like between the hood and fender before polishing? Or just try not to fill and clean what does find it's way in the crack.

Not really necessary with the PC. You may get some product that falls there, but the PC is not powerful do damage in areas that may have thin paint/clear. You do want to tape off emblems and any non-painted trim or rubber. This helps keep the pads cleaner, softens up sharp areas (I'm thinking about the tips of your crossed flags) and makes for no post-polishing cleanup.

Another tip from our Head Detailer Adam is to apply SVRT before you polish. If you did hit any trim while polishing it will clean up quickly.

Have fun! :pc:

Thanks to all;) I am new to Adam's but have become a true fan. The first pic was just after the first wash with the two bucket sys and ds... that's all, there is no wax on this car at all....I was amazed. I can't wait to get the americana wax on after the polish job. Thanks for the input:thumbsup:

I almost forgot..... should I tape off joints like between the hood and fender before polishing or try no to fill and just clean what does make it's way in? I'm thinking maybe no tape.

Welcome Brandon! Sweet Car :drool:

FMP may work on that, best to start with that anyway. If it doesn't look like you want it, step up to the Swirl and Haze Remover. Try a 2' by 2' test area, then move on to the rest of the car

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

On the car and the advice :thumbsup:

And what Frid said, clay it first :rockon:

Welcome Brandon! Sweet Car :drool:

FMP may work on that, best to start with that anyway. If it doesn't look like you want it, step up to the Swirl and Haze Remover. Try a 2' by 2' test area, then move on to the rest of the car

Archived