Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's customer service VS. a competitor

Captain Slow

Question

In the past calendar year I have had two issues come up with my car care products. The first was with an Adam's product. I did what this sticky said to do and contacted Adam's.

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3556

Moments later Dylan e-mailed me. Not too much later I get an e-mail from the Adam's warehouse with my FedEx tracking number. After product was replaced (within a couple of days) Dylan said to keep the product I had an issue with. :banana:

Contrast this with my other product issue. I contacted the other company's customer service on Saturday April 16. On Wednesday April 20 I was given a product return number and told to return defective product AT MY EXPENSE. Reluctantly, I did just that. On April 29 my new product shipped, it arrived just minutes ago. The other company stood behind their product.

When I compare the two companies and their ideas of customer service it becomes apparent just who is deserving of my continuing business. :thumbsup:

Adam, Dylan, Ashley or Lynn, if you can see my shopping cart you'll know which company will get ALL my detailing money from today forward. :bow:

18 answers to this question

You should send that message to the company that made YOU pay to send back a defective part. Leave no mention of who you're going to though.

Customer service FTW.

Chris

On your suggestion I did just that. :thumbsup:

Wait? You bought products somewhere else? How dare you!! Get out!

:jester:

To quote Jimmy Buffet: It was pre you.

Thank you Paul!:bow:

You sir are welcome. I'm happy dealing with a business that takes it's customer service, no make that it's commitment to the customer as seriously as I do. :patriot:

The company I work for NEVER has a customer pay for return shipping, it is just plain wrong. We send out UPS/FedEx call tags and pay for it ourselves. If a business feels it is necessary then they need to either adjust their pricing or profit expectation. Your customer is already unhappy with a product and now you're charging them to return it?!? I don't understand the logic in that last sentence, do you?

My friend Jerry owned his own optical shop for almost 50 years. When I would help out while he vacationed I noticed a lot of free services and products extended to the customers. Jerry told me it was because it kept customers and gave those same customers something to tell their families and friends about. Word of mouth is great advertising. Jerry also told me he had "no plans to die the richest man in the graveyard." Great words to live by if you ask me.

BTW: He put 6 kids through college and has a lovely home, he is by no measure a poor man financially or otherwise.

My work involves Customer Service, and believe me when I say some of the people I deal with think they're entitle to everything. We have a 100% guarantee not a 110% that extra 10% is amazing, only a top notch company like Adams can back their product and service like that. They have a customer for life with me.

You must be dealing with different companies then b/c I'd say a good half the time something needs to be returned for defect the company asks me to pay. That would be the exact reason I have a non functional HD flip cam on my desk - has audio problems, warranty will cover, but I have to pay to ship both ways to the repair center (around $20 total for insured each way)

Just not worth it so I basically have a $99.99 paper weight.

Flip is no more too! Cisco shut them down.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

You must be dealing with different companies then b/c I'd say a good half the time something needs to be returned for defect the company asks me to pay. That would be the exact reason I have a non functional HD flip cam on my desk - has audio problems, warranty will cover, but I have to pay to ship both ways to the repair center (around $20 total for insured each way)

Just not worth it so I basically have a $99.99 paper weight.

A company, ANY company, should NEVER expect you to pay for the return of a defective product.... ever!

I've had to return several defective products over the years - thru several different companies - and have never heard of this.

Adam's did more than nail it on the customer service. IMO they set the standard for any company that sells any type of product. They definitely understand effects of providing excellent customer service.

As I've said before: "Customer service is our most popular product and its FREE with every order!"

Thats Awesome

So Many companies these days have forgot how important customer service is, so its nice to find a company that makes it there #1 Priority.:2thumbs:

You should send that message to the company that made YOU pay to send back a defective part. Leave no mention of who you're going to though.

Customer service FTW.

Chris

Archived