Customer Service 866.965.0400

Buy american!

ud_lose

<TABLE class=ecxMsoNormalTable style="MARGIN-LEFT: 20.8pt" cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt" vAlign=top><TABLE class=ecxMsoNormalTable cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt" vAlign=top>Did you see that Diane Sawyer has a special report coming up this week? They removed ALL items from a typical, middle class family's home that were not made in the USA ..

There was hardly anything left besides the kitchen sink. Literally. During the special they are going to show truckloads of items - USA made - being brought in to replace everything and will be talking about how to find these items and the difference in price etc..

It was interesting that Diane said that if every American spent just $64 more than normal on USA made items this year, it would create something like 200,000 new jobs!

WAS BUYING FOOD THE OTHER DAY AT WALMART and ON THE LABEL OF SOME PRODUCTS IT SAID 'FROM CHINA’

FOR EXAMPLE THE "OUR FAMILY" BRAND OF THE MANDARIN ORANGES SAYS RIGHT ON THE CAN 'FROM CHINA '

I WAS SHOCKED SO FOR A FEW MORE CENTS I BOUGHT THE LIBERTY GOLD BRAND OR THE DOLE SINCE IT'S FROM CALIF.

Are we Americans as dumb as we appear --- or --- is it that we just do not think while the Chinese, knowingly and intentionally, export inferior and even toxic products and dangerous toys and goods to be sold in American markets?

70% of Americans believe that the trading privileges afforded to the Chinese should be suspended.

Why do you need the government to suspend trading privileges? DO IT YOURSELF, AMERICA!!

Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy, and if it says 'Made in China ' or 'PRC' (and that now includes Hong Kong ), simply choose another product, or none at all. You will be amazed at how dependent you are on Chinese products, and you will be equally amazed at what you can do without.

Who needs plastic eggs to celebrate Easter? If you must have eggs, use real ones and benefit some American farmer. Easter is just an example. The point is do not wait for the government to act. Just go ahead and assume control on your own.

THINK ABOUT THIS: If 200 million Americans refuse to buy just $20 each of Chinese goods, that's a billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favor...fast!!

Most of the people who have been reading about this matter are planning on implementing this on May 1st and continue it until June 1st. That is only one month of trading losses, but it will hit the Chinese for 1/12th of the total, or 8%, of their American exports. Then they might have to ask themselves if the benefits of their arrogance and

lawlessness were worth it.

Remember, MAY 1 TO JUNE 1st !!!!!!

START NOW.

Send this to everybody you know. Let's show them that we are Americans and NOBODY can take us for granted.

If we can't live without cheap Chinese goods for one month out of our lives, WE DESERVE WHAT WE GET!

Pass it on, America...... BUY AMERICAN !!!!!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Well said, but I do find it funny that you're surprised the Mandarin Oranges were from China.

The mandarin orange is considered a native of south-eastern Asia and the Philippines. It is most abundantly grown in southern China, but can also be found naturally growing in certain climates around India, and the East Indies. The earliest documented consumption of the mandarin orange in the western world comes from the early 1900's as Chinese laborers were brought in to construct many of Americas railroads. The fruit and its seeds were prized among the immigrant workers and quickly became popular among Americans although extremely difficult to grow in the more arid climates of the southwestern states. It was not until 1911 that cultivators began to grow the fruit trees in the Gulf regions of the US, most predominantly Florida.

I doubt if the oranges were grown here. Simply packaged here. But even so, it provides jobs to Americans. Although I have mixed feelings about foreign cars that are made here and the money goes back to Germany, Korea, or Japan. I still won't ever buy a Kia, Toyota, Volkswagon, BMW, etc.

Check your clothing labels some time. See how many things are in your closet that are made in the USA. We bought a new sofa and chair a year ago.......made in Georgia at Lane Furniture. Our kitchen table and chairs we bought from a local man who makes them in his shop. It doesn't take long to make a decision to try and change your shopping habits. You can't buy everything made in the US, but you can try as much as possible.

The only problem with is that china holds an awful lot of american "items" I guess you would call it. they have given us money and they actually own alot of business and so on. An acquantince of mine told me about 3 or 4 years ago to watch out the economy was gonna dump and china has alot of control over our economy. He did tell me about the bad loans and such the banks had and that china had some of that action too and sure enough he was right not long after that baboom the economy took a dump.

Flame suite on

I don't mind buying something that wasn't made here in America. What I have a problem with are the companies that move to china to save a buck and how they are doing it to save money and have no care in the world that they are putting a lot of people out of work. I think that competition is good but the playing field must be level and it isn't anymore!!

I check everything I buy now, if it's from China it goes back on the shelf. Have I screwed up a few times, yup, but I'm trying real hard. :patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

I try for the non 'Made in China' labels too. Picked some socks in Target the other night - the 3 pack was Made in China, but a single pack was from Vietnam and a 2 pack was from India. Guess which ones I bought!

I check everything I buy now, if it's from China it goes back on the shelf. Have I screwed up a few times, yup, but I'm trying real hard. :patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

I do the same thing. I've even gone so far as to complain to store managers. Most really don't seem to care, but a few have been very receptive to my complaints. I steer my business to those stores.

Archived