Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dusting?

Carolinaboy

Question

Well after doing two paint corrections with Adam's I am thoroughly impressed(PC)! Well I've done paint correction before with other products so I had a good idea of what technique works for me. After watching the videos I tweaked my technique just a bit so I could get the right results.

I noticed while working on the second panel or so I started to get more dusting than expected. Well I stopped and primed one more time with some DS then I kept going it seemed to help for the instance but I still kept getting dust.

Was I using too much product? Not enough DS? I know next time working on my truck I'm gonna have two of all the pads, I am ready to do some Cars. Trucks are a huge project!

16 answers to this question

Good thread. Yea it's annoying with the dust. Next time I'm gonna try and use more polish and DS. Too much can't hurt unless you don't clean them well after.

What is this distilled ice trick you speak of???? Please elaborate!

Fill a spray bottle full of distilled water and put it in the fridge or in a cooler. Let it get really cold.

Then mist the panel (I had to do it several times) to get it to cool down, then dry it and go to work. That cools down the panel. It was hard for me to do it especially on the bedside! it seemed like it took a whole bottle just to cool it down

Good thread. Yea it's annoying with the dust. Next time I'm gonna try and use more polish and DS. Too much can't hurt unless you don't clean them well after.

If you have dusting problems THE LAST THING you want to do is add more polish... dusting is a sign of one or more of the following:

• Too much product being used
  • Working on a hot surface
  • Working on an uneven surface
  • Hitting bodylines, gaps, or protrusions

SSR having a large abrasive and no silicone in it will have some small amount of dusting no matter what you do, but excessive dusting is a result of something else.

IMO applying polish on the pad only twice during an entire correction is far too little. The bottles would last an entire lifetime if that was the case...I know Adam is great but it would not be a profitable business if noone ever had to buy another bottle of polish :lolsmack::lolsmack:

Please note this is only my opinion and it only reflects what works for me..

:lol: I was being sarcastic...obviously I used the polish more then twice...I just didn't use it that often(ever panel or every other panel)

Everytime I primed the pad I always put DS along the edges.

IMO applying polish on the pad only twice during an entire correction is far too little. The bottles would last an entire lifetime if that was the case...I know Adam is great but it would not be a profitable business if noone ever had to buy another bottle of polish :lolsmack::lolsmack:

Please note this is only my opinion and it only reflects what works for me..

I think some people are actually using too little product because of all the warnings when in fact they are getting dusting for other reasons. Hot body panels, not keeping the pad flat, moving the PC too fast and not using enough DS to prime the edges of the pads are the main culprits in my experience. You need to use the recommended amount of product as shown on the videos and on the bottle labels..

When I fixed the issues above, I had very little dusting at all..

Archived