Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wax Stripping

mbreyer

Question

Hey guys/gals i've heard multiple ways to do this but most seem to condadict themselves. What is the best wash method to strip any wax off vehiclel Of course using the two bucket wash method.:bow:

12 answers to this question

Hey guys/gals i've heard multiple ways to do this but most seem to condadict themselves. What is the best wash method to strip any wax off vehiclel Of course using the two bucket wash method.:bow:

Dawn Dishwasing soap used as your car wash shampoo followed up by clay barring the car. There are also wax remover chemicals available "out there".

IPA!

Not the beer, that's for later.

50/50 mix isopropyl alcohol and water. Like Dawn, it can dry out plastics, so use that VRT!

Not really contradictions, but 2 ways of getting the same results.

Dawn wash is easiest, just replace the Adam's Car Wash with the Dawn. You should only use this method 1 or 2 times a year.

The IPA method is more precise, and this is the method to use if you are doing the correction one panel at a time.

Your choice!

I like the idea of the IPA wipedown.. with the dawn wash, isnt it a PITA to get the dawn residuals off of your cleaning tools? IE: wash pads, foaming gun, etc..

Hmmm. I'm still a bit hesitant to wash with Dawn the next time I have to re-wax my car down the road, particularly since it is notorious for drying out the rubber trim, etc.

Would it be OK to just use clay after the Adam's wash on a car that was waxed 5-6 mo ago?

Hmmm. I'm still a bit hesitant to wash with Dawn the next time I have to re-wax my car down the road, particularly since it is notorious for drying out the rubber trim, etc.

Would it be OK to just use clay after the Adam's wash on a car that was waxed 5-6 mo ago?

you can certainly clay only after the Adam's wash, but your clay will clog up faster and not last as long..

I like the idea of the IPA wipedown.. with the dawn wash, isnt it a PITA to get the dawn residuals off of your cleaning tools? IE: wash pads, foaming gun, etc..

DING! DING! DING! We have a winner! That is one reason why I use IPA, plus I have better control of what I'm stripping.

I only do a strip wash before some type of correction, so I don't use the foam gun and use a 'not new' pad.

Archived