Customer Service 866.965.0400

Need help with polishing with pc

Z06Addict

Question

In the process of polishing and need a little help. I'm on the hood and

it looks pretty good but I still have these tiny little curly scratched when I get close, ever after several passes with fmp. You really can't tell alot in these pics but here is one that looks good to me.

picture.php?albumid=532&pictureid=2880

And here is more

picture.php?albumid=532&pictureid=2881

picture.php?albumid=532&pictureid=2882

Is it normal to see this at this stage before any wax or b glaze or should I go yet again with the fmp? The fmp seems to flash much faster than the shr, is this normal?

Sorry, I wasn't clear when telling what I have done.. I did use shr on my hood and I believe this is what made the small curly scratches. I am feeling better about it, I guess I just needed to go over it a few more times with fmp... ( I got a lil impatient) I went over it 2 times with fmp but it took 4 before it started looking like I thought it should.. here is another pic of the hood.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I have the same thing. Do you also have some tiny little pits in the paint? I can only see them from 1 angle and in just the right sun, so I have been unable to get a picture. I have not yet figured it out, but I plan on, when I get the time, doing another full correction and actually using the SSR.

I don't have any pits, just the tiny scratches produced by shr, it takes me about 4 good passes with fmp and then they are barely visible up close with a light, and in some places I was able to get them completely out.

No. I don't think this is normal. It may be due to your technique while usin SHR. Perhaps your pressing too hard. Try easing up a bit on the final pass of SHR, then move to FMP. Again this also could be from how hard the clear coat is too. You got to play around a bit with your technique. You are definitly on the right track!

No. I don't think this is normal. It may be due to your technique while usin SHR. Perhaps your pressing too hard. Try easing up a bit on the final pass of SHR, then move to FMP. Again this also could be from how hard the clear coat is too. You got to play around a bit with your technique. You are definitly on the right track!

I'll see what easing up will do for me... There is an art to this for sure. This is my first round with polishing and I have been at it all weekend and still have a full day left. I'll post the final results

I have a stuffed monkey in my garage.

Trunk Monkey's are more fun!!

I'll see what easing up will do for me... There is an art to this for sure. This is my first round with polishing and I have been at it all weekend and still have a full day left. I'll post the final results

Brandon, you car is looking absolutely fantastic :glasses:

In the process of polishing and need a little help. I'm on the hood and

it looks pretty good but I still have these tiny little curly scratched when I get close, ever after several passes with fmp. You really can't tell alot in these pics but here is one that looks good to me.

picture.php?albumid=532&pictureid=2880

And here is more

picture.php?albumid=532&pictureid=2881

picture.php?albumid=532&pictureid=2882

Is it normal to see this at this stage before any wax or b glaze or should I go yet again with the fmp? The fmp seems to flash much faster than the shr, is this normal?

Looks great for what i can see here.

If you can get perfection your first time polishing, and on a black Corvette, we will build a statue in your honor. You are correct, it is an art form and it does take practice :bow::bow::bow:

I know exactly what you are talking about. I have the same thing. Do you also have some tiny little pits in the paint? I can only see them from 1 angle and in just the right sun, so I have been unable to get a picture. I have not yet figured it out, but I plan on, when I get the time, doing another full correction and actually using the SSR.

Archived