Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glaze before Wax

Auto Man

Question

14 answers to this question

Recommened? I'd think not, But Brilliant Glaze applied prior to waxing can help fill in some very minor imperfections. The BG doesn't need buffed on either, can apply it by hand.

Care to come visit and tell my wife the same thing. :lolsmack:

Let me rephrase this to everyone, "Always Listen to Dylan When It Comes to Detailing". There that should clear me up on the wife thing. I have been around along time and married for 40 years so I simply listen and say yes dear at the right times.

I'll chime in and hopefully add something to this conversation other than confusion!

If you're going to do both glaze and wax, I'd lay down the glaze BEFORE the wax since the glaze has filling properties. Laying down a coat of wax over top will protect the glaze and help it's properties last longer.

If you're only going for a quick shine, then you can do either the glaze or the wax but you don't have to do both....you can, but you don't HAVE to. I frequently throw on a coat of BG after a wash to get that "just waxed" look. The filling properties can help but remember that BG by itself is not very durable and offers only short term protection.

So, you can use BG by itself or you can use a wax by itself, but in my opinion, when used in conjunction with each other, the glaze should go down first.

YMMV...

- Darryl

So if I am using MSW, since I have to apply that to bare paint, I am not getting the benefit of filling properties (however small)?

Shouldnt need filling properties with MSW because a paint correction should be done first. But if u want let the MSW cure then apply BG and i would top it with americana.:thumbsup:

Thank you for all your help...so i have another question...i have a s7 to detail on wednesday...i pretty much have every adams product out there...what combination of products would result in highest degree of shine and gloss...the owner is taking it to a car show on thursday and wants it to stand out...any suggestions out there

BG n Americana..preferrably another coat of BG when he gets there, after a WW wipe down of course.

To address the MSW thing....ITS A SEALANT THAT MUST BE APPLIED TO BARE PAINT. Laying BG under it is not the right way.

Archived