Customer Service 866.965.0400

MSW Glaze Americana

03Ap1

Question

Is that the order MSW Glaze and then Americana?

Should I do one coat of each or multiple coats of each?

How long should I wait for the glaze and americana to dry before I wipe them? 5 mins?

14 answers to this question

Yea I watched the video, and Dylan wipes it down pretty much immediately. But I read somewhere on here (cant remember) that people wait longer then that. Just curious.

Yea I watched the video, and Dylan wipes it down pretty much immediately. But I read somewhere on here (cant remember) that people wait longer then that. Just curious.

I think he did that for recording purposes. Once you apply the glaze and americana, it will haze up. Once it hazes up wipe it off. Its hard to give u a time bc weather conditions effect the curing time.

or you can do a coat of MSW, glaze, americana and another coat of glaze.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I wouldn't throw a second coat of glaze (BG) over top a fresh coat of wax. The solvents in the BG are going to remove some of your wax.

I'd recommend you do one coat of MSW with the proper cure time (as stated on the bottle), one application of BG, and two coats of Americana.

The glaze is filling in very minor imperfections that were not completely removed during the paint correction process. I'd have to believe too many coats of BG and you're going to start to haze up your finish.

Personally, if your finish is in new condition, I would skip the BG entirely if it doesn't add to the gloss. Try a side by side comparison with / without the glaze first, before you do the whole car/truck. Some colors and finishes pop more than others with the glaze.

Here is the recommended application.....MSW, BG, Americana. You need to wait a few days after applying the MSW, wash the car then apply the BG and Americana. You can apply the BG to entire car in the shade then wipe off if you are doing it in the shade. The Americana on the other hand should be thinly applied and wiped off a panel at a time.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I wouldn't throw a second coat of glaze (BG) over top a fresh coat of wax. The solvents in the BG are going to remove some of your wax.

I'd recommend you do one coat of MSW with the proper cure time (as stated on the bottle), one application of BG, and two coats of Americana.

The glaze is filling in very minor imperfections that were not completely removed during the paint correction process. I'd have to believe too many coats of BG and you're going to start to haze up your finish.

The only time I use BG OVER Americana is right at show time if I think the car needs a little more pop before judging or people looking at it. BRZN--your process-- that's how I'd do it too :2thumbs:

Personally, if your finish is in new condition, I would skip the BG entirely if it doesn't add to the gloss. Try a side by side comparison with / without the glaze first, before you do the whole car/truck. Some colors and finishes pop more than others with the glaze.

Here is the recommended application.....MSW, BG, Americana. You need to wait a few days after applying the MSW, wash the car then apply the BG and Americana. You can apply the BG to entire car in the shade then wipe off if you are doing it in the shade. The Americana on the other hand should be thinly applied and wiped off a panel at a time.

You don't need to wait a few days. 12 hours is sufficient time to start applying something else such as Brilliant Glaze or Americana. :2thumbs:

For cure times on Brilliant Glaze---it's so nice a product, just apply it to the whole car, then wipe off from where you started. Americana Paste Wax--you are gonna want to wipe this off panel by panel, and usually 2-3 minutes at the most (to setup or cure) in a normal temperature environment is perfect. If you don't wipe of Americana panel by panel, you risk losing an arm, and then bleeding all over your work! :rockon:

Mook

Is that the order MSW Glaze and then Americana?

Should I do one coat of each or multiple coats of each?

How long should I wait for the glaze and americana to dry before I wipe them? 5 mins?

I always apply the MSW,let haze (depending on weather) 20-60 min.

Then I wait a week or so to give the MSW time to fully cure, then apply a coat of Americana. The Americana is wipe on wipe off!:thumbsup:

Hmm good information guys. I honestly asked this question because I did a full paint correction and I used MSW and now I am going to be driving it around for about a week. I was then going to wash it apply MSW again then BG then Americana. But I think I might do 2 coats of americana rather then 2 coats of MSW.

As for the BG I have a silver car. So I am unsure of how it will play out. Since it was my first detail ever I did notice a few spots in my roof that have mild swirls so maybe the BG will help me there?

But I think I might do 2 coats of americana rather then 2 coats of MSW.

:iagree:

As for the BG I have a silver car. So I am unsure of how it will play out. Since it was my first detail ever I did notice a few spots in my roof that have mild swirls so maybe the BG will help me there?

BG has some fillers that can hide the swirls, but it is only a short term fix. It will be gone after a few washes.

Am I the only person that doesn't use Americana and Machine Super Wax on the same car?

On my garaged Z06 I use BG then APW. On my "sits outside" Crown Vic I simply use MSW.

Nope, I use BG & Americana or BW on both of mine. Then before the winter I use MSW on the truck :2thumbs:

Archived