Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cigars anyone?

BlueGenCoupe

You could maybe go to a local smoke shop and get a cidar lined cigar sleeve or you could get something called a Cigar Caddy like I have. It has a hard case so they don't get crushed and it keeps them in good smoking shape. I have the 5 cigar model ($20 maybe), they also make a 10 cigar model.

It would be a shame to ruin Cubans. Since they are illegal in the US, I can only wish I had one... or a dozen :jester:

Place the cigars in a cigar box. (perferably one that is lined with cedar). If you don't have a cigar box, you can get an empty one from your local cigar store for next to nothing.

Then place the cigar box in a tupperware container. Make sure the tupperware seals air tight.

Next you'll need an humidification source. Pick up a few Boveda Humidifiers packs (69%) and place one in the tupperware container. DryMistat tubes also work nicely. A damp sponge or wash cloth will work temporally until you can get something better.

Seal the lid on the tupperware container and monitor the temp and humidity inside the container with a hydrometer. Try to keep the temperature at 70 degrees and the humdity at 70%. Check 'em at least once a week.

I like to age my cubans for at least a year.

Edited by rshadd

I really dig the smell of a good stogie but I don't smoke. As for Cuban, man I could really dig a good Cuban Sandwich right now. They had a place in Tampa that I had my first one. I went there every day on my vacation. Cuban Bread, ham, pork, cheese, pickles, mayo and mustard pressed and cooked to perfection. I'm freakin drooling.:drool:

I really dig the smell of a good stogie but I don't smoke. As for Cuban, man I could really dig a good Cuban Sandwich right now. They had a place in Tampa that I had my first one. I went there every day on my vacation. Cuban Bread, ham, pork, cheese, pickles, mayo and mustard pressed and cooked to perfection. I'm freakin drooling.:drool:

Do you remember the place you went to here in Tampa?

Unfortunately no. It was 10 years ago. Small mom and pop Cuban sandwich shop located in a strip mall (that's really narrowing it down). But I do remember the sandwiches were outstanding! I'll try to look it up on-line and get back to ya.

I think it was Pepitos on Ehrlic Rd.:hi: Friend lived on Blue Jay Ln. and it was right around the corner on Ehrlic. I went there the first day for lunch and had one and for a solid week after that had one for lunch.

Edited by musclejunkie

• 1 year later...

The Boveda packs work great for this type of application. Buy a couple to keep things at the right humidity, and enjoy! I think you'll love a cigar in the evening after a day giving the car some love. Sit back, relax, and stare at that beautiful blue Genesis!

I have a Cuban Montecristo #2 in my humidor for 18 years!!! Yeah you read that right it has some sentimental value and meaning so it's still there! Those boveda humipacks work great. The fridge is good only for short term storage. Check out thompsons cigar or cigar international for cheap humidors or a travel one! Could also use a cut up apple like in the olden days in a cigar box!