Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Product wish list

Been thinking about some things I would like to see Adam's add, which would still fit their target market.

1) A MF system for more cutting power on a DA (like the PC). A competitor has a system like this which bridges the gap between a cut from a DA and a rotary. I am currently doing some testing on this product and would like to see if Adam's would offer the same.

2) A sealant as mentioned in other threads, prefer to wipe on, wipe off, short (2-12 hours) cure time...

3) Perhaps a longer durability wax (still with deep shine), similar to a Liquid Insulator Wax...

4) Consider a SMAT technology to be able to work polishes down, maybe a possible 2 step polish process (I admit this is more targeted to a rotary) This may be too aggressive for the enthusiast market.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Been thinking about some things I would like to see Adam's add, which would still fit their target market.

1) A MF system for more cutting power on a DA (like the PC). A competitor has a system like this which bridges the gap between a cut from a DA and a rotary. I am currently doing some testing on this product and would like to see if Adam's would offer the same.

2) A sealant as mentioned in other threads, prefer to wipe on, wipe off, short (2-12 hours) cure time...

3) Perhaps a longer durability wax (still with deep shine), similar to a Liquid Insulator Wax...

4) Consider a SMAT technology to be able to work polishes down, maybe a possible 2 step polish process (I admit this is more targeted to a rotary) This may be too aggressive for the enthusiast market.

There's already a product "close" to most of the things you mention... the flex and Sever Swirl and Haze Remover is a great bridge between the PC and a rotary, Americana is a long-lasting wax, etc. The thing is that Adam's wants to stay primarily focused on the home user, not the pro detailer, so some of the things you mention are getting to be on the periphery of what it would make sense for them to develop and market.

Still, though, the company loves feedback and suggestions, so I'm sure they'll see this and make note of your ideas. :2thumbs:

Rich

Quick disconnects with a protective rubber ring, so when i rinsing the car with the sheeting method, i dont have to worry about bumping the paint with a brass nozzle. like this pic

ref=dp_image_z_0?ie=UTF8&n=286168&s=garden

rubber gloves for washing, maybe with a lining for winter washing

how about an Adams air freshener that smells like detail spray for in the car?

bring back Clear Spray for all the people with clear bra.

There's already a product "close" to most of the things you mention... the flex and Sever Swirl and Haze Remover is a great bridge between the PC and a rotary, Americana is a long-lasting wax, etc. The thing is that Adam's wants to stay primarily focused on the home user, not the pro detailer, so some of the things you mention are getting to be on the periphery of what it would make sense for them to develop and market.

Still, though, the company loves feedback and suggestions, so I'm sure they'll see this and make note of your ideas. :2thumbs:

Rich

The flex has difficulty with deeper scratches... would like to see something that can remove 1500/2000 grit sanding marks, or equiv scratches... (I understand this is heading toward pro territory) The reality is the various cars under my care need this kind of attention (including wet sanding)... and I have had great success with a given competitors two step method (with rotary and orange pad).

I need to do some long term testing on my DDs.. which outlasts Americana or the Insulator Wax (known as the go to longer term wax)

Regards,

Mike

Quick disconnects with a protective rubber ring, so when i rinsing the car with the sheeting method, i dont have to worry about bumping the paint with a brass nozzle. like this pic

I like this idea, nothing like being the cause of scratches and making things worse when you are shooting for optical perfection.

Totally agree with this one!! i actually need to correct a mini-scratch because of this...

ADAM'S Stickers. Although I have several, I want more more more.

How about a chance to buy them in a pack of say ....10, 20, 30 etc.

I'd like to put them all around my garage.

Maybe a limited offering on a banner saying something like...

ADAM'S ONLY ZONE

Proudly made in USA

1) Stickers! Lots of stickers! In different sizes!

2) Vinyl window clings for the guys who don't want adhesive stickers.

3) A microfiber apron so I don't scratch the car by leaning too close when polishing in a cotton apron. (Preferably black with an Adam's Logo, of course)

4) A combination of the Double Car Wash Grit Guard Bucket Kit and the Complete 2 Bucket Car Wash Kit so that buyers could get the caddies and the joiner plate as well as the wash pads, shampoo, and MF towels without having to do math to figure out which way is cheaper to buy the whole caboodle.

Honestly, I can't see a reason to have rubberized quick connects. I never have to get that close to the car with the quick connects to scratch the paint. You can use an old piece of hose, cut it then add a quick connect to the end. That way you have rubber facing the vehicle.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Honestly I can't say I see reason to have rubberized quick connects. I never have to get that close to the car with the quick connects to scratch the paint. You can use an old piece of hose, cut it then add a quick connect to the end. That way you have rubber facing the vehicle.

fixed, and :iagree:

Honestly I can I say I see reason to have rubberized quick connects. I never have to get that close to the car with the quick connects to scratch the paint. You can use an old piece of hose, cut it then add a quick connect to the end. That way you have rubber facing the vehicle.

I used to do that but now the I have a rubber protected quick disconnect i dont need to use the hose. its just one less thing to use.

i agree the hose works, but why not just have it on the disconnect. it also helps when you drop the hose, the disconnect doesn't get dinged every time.

just my opinion

it also helps when you drop the hose, the disconnect doesn't get dinged every time.

true, but then you run the risk of having little sand/pebbles get stuck to it and possibly hit your finish if you dont notice them

true, but then you run the risk of having little sand/pebbles get stuck to it and possibly hit your finish if you dont notice them

nope, i always hold my hand over the opening for a second just to rinse it off.

and without the rubber, and the metal exposed, you are sure to be hitting your car with something that will scratch. with the rubber there is much less risk.

All noted guys...

as for the MF polishing system, I've played with both of the ones that are currently on the market. The megs one I used before it was even available to the public when we were next to them at a show. The megs guys are really cool about pulling back the curtain for us when we hang out.

I'm simply not impressed enough with the technology to jump in... its no more capable of polishing than the correct combination of foam pad and compound. Just a different way to skin the same cat. The marketing would have you believe that its some game changer - I disagree. Not saying its not good stuff, but its not reinventing the wheel by any stretch.

FWIW - the flex w/ green pad and SSR won't have any problems knocking out 2000 grit, we tested at that level during development of the green pad SSR 1500 was just out of reach, 2000 though was removed easily .

For anything more substantial we have the focus pads.

Really you shouldn't have to be that close to your paint to begin with. To do the pooling rinse you can be as far away as a foot to get the same results.

agree, but my point is sometimes it can happen.

ask yourself this question, what is the harm in having a rubber ring around the quick disconnect?

an ounce of prevention..... that's all i am saying,

I had some rubber disconnects like this, and as they aged the rubber started to slide making it hard to connect and disconnect. So I cut the rubber off and like them much better without the rubber.

I had some rubber disconnects like this, and as they aged the rubber started to slide making it hard to connect and disconnect. So I cut the rubber off and like them much better without the rubber.

Thanks. Never thought of that happening. Guess I will apply some VRT occasionally to prevent them from drying out :D

FWIW,

If you invested the money to buy the quick Disconnects, Fire Hose Nozzle, and Shut Off Valve, you probably don't want to be dropping your hose any more. That's what, close to $100 in wash parts?

:D

Mook

agree, but my point is sometimes it can happen.

ask yourself this question, what is the harm in having a rubber ring around the quick disconnect?

an ounce of prevention..... that's all i am saying,

I kind of get your thinking here, but does that mean we should rubber wrap the porter cable? I mean you can accidentally drop it too.

The disconnects are the only USA made option, the rubber ringed ones are made in china by gilmour.

FWIW,

If you invested the money to buy the quick Disconnects, Fire Hose Nozzle, and Shut Off Valve, you probably don't want to be dropping your hose any more. That's what, close to $100 in wash parts?

:D

Mook

Lol. I don't, but my 8 and 10 year old do! Maybe I should put a rubber ring around them

Archived