Customer Service 866.965.0400

Oakleys!!!!

shad2009

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they are made here, but Luxoittica (I believe an Italian company) owns them now. They bought them about 4 years ago for $2.1 billion. It's the same company that owns Sunglass Hut and a bunch of other brands like Ray-Ban.

Yes they are made here, but Luxoittica (I believe an Italian company) owns them now. They bought them about 4 years ago for $2.1 billion. It's the same company that owns Sunglass Hut and a bunch of other brands like Ray-Ban.

I hate when this happens, like when FIAT bought Chrysler :mad:

I've actually been to the Oakley HQ... very cool building. I was fortunate enough to be friends with someone in their pro sports promotions department years ago, landed me a lot of big clients back in the day thanks to that connection.

06_l.jpg

05_l.jpg

08_l.jpg

09_l.jpg

That place looks amazing! :drool:

I have about 8 pairs of oakleys.. I can't justify getting anymore.. yet. I really want the Pit Boss ones but they think highly of those. Actually what I REALLY want from Oakley is 1 of their display cases.. I have some awesome sports memorbilia I want to put in it and I think they are awesome display cases.

In actually planning a trip to HQ in the next few weeks to get 4 prs of my oakleys repaired... Generally if you take them there they just replace them with new pairs for a minimal fee (20-40 $ depending on the model). Great customer service as well! If your old pair has been discontinued they will upgrade you for a minimal price as well.

In actually planning a trip to HQ in the next few weeks to get 4 prs of my oakleys repaired... Generally if you take them there they just replace them with new pairs for a minimal fee (20-40 $ depending on the model). Great customer service as well! If your old pair has been discontinued they will upgrade you for a minimal price as well.

I have a pair of prestine discontinued oakleys that I watch like a hawk. No scratches whatsoever and the painted part isn't messed up at all. They are a popular one style as well but I don't plan on selling them. I feel paranoid when I'm wearing those, moreso than my $300 pair

my first pair was a pair of Midnight Blue Half Wires.. still have them somewhere, but they are scratched and the paint as well..

I miss my Half Jackets, had two pairs that were both polarized.. I accidentally left them at a former co-worker/friend's house (well one pair on his kitchen table, and the other on his boat) and he never gave them back and I have never heard from him since..

I do still have a pair of Half Wires, gunmetal/gray frame, black lens..

Here's a picture of my "small" collection of Oakley's

Original Sub-Zeros

2 pairs of Flat Jackets - Rootbeer w/ gold polarized and crystal gray w/ + red (spare set of Black iridium lenses)

Black Half Jackets w/ gold irirdium polarized (spare G30 and fire iridium lenses)

Original Square Wires w/ gold iridium

2nd Edition M Frames w/ gold iridium hybrid (spare black iridium hybrid lenses)

3rd Edition M Frames w/ gold iridium vented sweeps (spare hi intense yellow lenses)

4th Edition M Frames Silver w/ Ice (spare hi intense yellow lenses)

I used to also have a pair of Blades, Razor blades, Original Frog Skins, Original M Frames crystal red w/ +red iridium lenses, and Original M Frames Fingerprint frame w/ black iridium.

Yeah, I'm an Oakley whore :D

P1000853.jpg

Here's a picture of my "small" collection of Oakley's

Original Sub-Zeros

2 pairs of Flat Jackets - Rootbeer w/ gold polarized and crystal gray w/ + red (spare set of Black iridium lenses)

Black Half Jackets w/ gold irirdium polarized (spare G30 and fire iridium lenses)

Original Square Wires w/ gold iridium

2nd Edition M Frames w/ gold iridium hybrid (spare black iridium hybrid lenses)

3rd Edition M Frames w/ gold iridium vented sweeps (spare hi intense yellow lenses)

4th Edition M Frames Silver w/ Ice (spare hi intense yellow lenses)

I used to also have a pair of Blades, Razor blades, Original Frog Skins, Original M Frames crystal red w/ +red iridium lenses, and Original M Frames Fingerprint frame w/ black iridium.

Yeah, I'm an Oakley whore :D

P1000853.jpg

You have inspired me :banana:

A shot of my colletion minus a few old scratched up work glasses:

Collection1.jpg

Discontinued Splice's:

Splices.jpg

Half-X:

X-Metal.jpg

Did you read my post Jon? or did you add words like you po-pos like to do? :jester:

I will be getting a new pair soon as USStandardIssue.com offers a nice discount to Military and Government..