Customer Service 866.965.0400

Great White Drying Towels

shad2009

Question

Just wanted to say how much i LOVE this towel (my famorite out of the buch) i used to have to use 3-4 towels to dry my car...only ONE with this baby, and still had a couple sections left over to do a quick wipe down in areas i missed...keep it up guys, i'll ALWAYS be a happy paying customer:banana::bow::thumbsup::cheers::D:rockon:

:iagree: The GWDT are amazing!

I have tried other waffle-weave 'drying' towels, but none work as well as the GWDT. I can dry my whole truck and am still able to wipe the windows streak free.

Recently used my GWDT for the first time. Makes it a pleasure to dry the car. And yes can do the entire car with just one towel. Amazing. I have used the water sheeting method for many years and basicly start with a nearly dry car.

Edited by Golf for Life

Unfortunately, the first time I used one of mine, I brushed part of a tire that I didn't get good enough with the APC, and got some nice big spots of dirt on it.

I had to stop right there, because I wasn't going to risk getting the thing any dirtier or contacting the paint. I still need to clean it, and figured it that it would have to be washed by itself to be safe.

So, I'm still waiting to experience the joy of using it as my schedule has not allowed for a proper wash in several weeks.

I flood each panel, mist with DS spray, use the metro blaster around the cracks, and then dry with the great white. I only use the one towel on my silverado and it soaks everything up.

I also like to use them with WW after polishing to remove any leftover residue.

My absorber has been demoted to the rims now! lol I have been using one of those for as long as I can remember, and didn't think it could get much better. I was wrong, I love this drying towel. I put off buying this, because I thought it couldn't be that important. But if you think about it, you use it every time you wash a car. You can't say that about all your other products. Great Product and I now endorse it! haha

From the clip at the bottom of the page Adam's Great White Microfiber Drying Towel HERE

Adam Pitale - "Now before I dry the car, I wanna' go around the entire thing and mist the car with detail spray..... This makes drying much easier, reduces the possibility of water spots and adds a lot of shine"

How so to the parts in bold italics?

I don't really understand the question. lol We know it dries well, which means less time switching towels so you can dry faster. So, less chance of water drying on the paint before you remove it, so less chance of water spots. Right?

Oh, I re-read and saw that he mentioned using detail spray while drying. I guess it works in two ways, one as a surface tension-reducer so the water wipes off faster? And since you added more moisture, it'll take longer to dry. I just know that it works. :) You'll find a lot of people recommending it, it's a good detailers trick. I've been doing it before I learned about Adam's.

Ed (Grubrunner)

I used detail spray for the first time last night as a drying agent. I too was always perplexed by how adding another product (more moisture) would help you dry the vehicle. It was pretty cool to see. The DS broke the surface tension of the water. So where there was beads of water on my hood, it all just broke down and started running off the truck.

Plus I imagine the DS also helps keep the towel from doing any micro marring to the finish and adds more shine!

Just my observations and thinking from one use. :)

Edited by ktn65
Cause I can't spell

Ed (Grubrunner)

I used detail spray for the first time last night as a drying agent. I too was always perplexed by how adding another product (more moisture) would help you dry the vehicle. It was pretty cool to see. The DS broke the surface tension of the water. So where there was beads of water on my hood, it all just broke down and started running off the truck.

Plus I imagine the DS also helps keep the towel from doing any micro marring to the finish and adds more shine!

Just my observations and thinking from one use. :)

Keith, thank you for taking the time to reply.

That's my inquiry [concern].... How adding further moisture [liquid] to an already wet surface can possibly assit in the drying process.

I regularly use Adam's DS on my rides - and love the product and it's "bling" factor upon application/removal - but have never done so following a wash, prior to drying. The Tahoe is due for a good cleaning soon so I'll be sure to try it in the next week or so and report back here.