Customer Service 866.965.0400

streaks on glass when done

Perez

Question

For some reason i always have streaks on the glass when im done...and for some reason i never seem to get them all out. can really only see them in direct sunlight. anyone else have problems getting there glass streakfree ?

when i received my GC package; gallon, 16 oz and two towels. i immediately wanted to try it out and used one towel only to clean the outside of the windows. i was so blown away by the results, i was satisfied, so i took the other towel and put it away with my towels that havent been used yet and sit in a ziplock waiting to serve their purpose lol.

so the next time i used the product to clean my windows i decided i was going to clean the inside and the outside of every window. about 3/4 of the way through i noticed that i had some streaking, caught me off guard... stepped back and tried to figure out what was going on and i realized it was because i was only using one window towel and not folding it properly.

my suggestion to you would be to use two window towels and fold them into a square so that with each window you have a fresh surface of the towel to wipe with... if that is what you're doing already then there is probably another issue.

I am in Colorado. And I have been to the warehouse a couple of times.

The streaks I got were fairly minor compared to what I got before switching to GC and the glass towels. I think most of them were caused by being in a hurry. I tried to clean the inside of the car in the half hour or so between two of the worst thunderstorms we have had here in as long as I can remember. I was close to Boulder this afternoon and it was coming down so hard you could hardly see tot he end of your car hood.

I have not been able to get the inside of the windshield streak free using the Adams glass cleaner and towels. I am not sure if it is how I am doing it but in the sunlight I see spots where the cloudy areas are.

I was the towels on a regular basis and I don't use any wash additives.

Plus when I use the windshield sun blocker during the week the inside gets all cloudy in certain areas.

Any suggestions?

Ya and the **** things keep showing up, grrrrr. I am the type of person that has to have a clear windshield or it bugs me. I keep some Adams Glass cleaner and towel in the car for this and my glasses and sun glasses, it works great on them also.

I have not been able to get the inside of the windshield streak free using the Adams glass cleaner and towels. I am not sure if it is how I am doing it but in the sunlight I see spots where the cloudy areas are.

I was the towels on a regular basis and I don't use any wash additives.

Plus when I use the windshield sun blocker during the week the inside gets all cloudy in certain areas.

Any suggestions?

Are you cleaning the windshield when it is cool? Hot glass could be the cause to your issues. Another thing could be that your not folding the towel to a clean/dry side often enough.

Ever since I switched to the GC and window M/F I have had streaks once. It was caused because of the two things I mentioned.

Seems you are having a few problems Bryan, are you in Denver CO or PA ? If you are in CO you should swing by the warehouse. I'm sure someone would take a few minutes to work with you on technique :thumbsup::thumbsup:

For those that have streaking issues, try using a DRY glass towel on the streaks after cleaning and see how that does for you.

And for anyone not happy with the glass cleaner (Rich - you should be the last person I have to say this to) make use of the satisfaction guarantee.

I wonder if maybe you need to do a heavy cleaning on your inside glass due to buildup first... so long as its not tinted try a wipe down with IPA on a towel. Don't worry about streaks at this point, just scrub the glass really good. Afterwards give glass cleaner and a glass towel a shot and see what happens.

Doesn't make sense its working for you in the house, but not in the car.

I wonder if maybe you need to do a heavy cleaning on your inside glass due to buildup first... so long as its not tinted try a wipe down with IPA on a towel. Don't worry about streaks at this point, just scrub the glass really good. Afterwards give glass cleaner and a glass towel a shot and see what happens.

Doesn't make sense its working for you in the house, but not in the car.

yea i know trust me them streaks drive me crazy spend way to much time trying for streak free. ill try that next time. i cant stand it when i have to deliver a vehicle and see the streaks while driving. hitting the streaks while driving might not be good for my health.

I notice when I am cleaning the inside, and flip the towel it moves very hard on the glass once it is almost dry. I have to keep spraying to keep the towel moving easy.

If I try the IPA what towel should I use to wipe the inside with?

Archived