Customer Service 866.965.0400

Spray OR Stream???

STex

Question

Which will it be? I use a lot of Adams products. The spray products have a nozzle with two offs, a spray and a stream....

Well add dim lighting in the garage and old eyes, I am having to walk out in the daylight to choose spray or stream (or waste product on the floor to check)..

I have now put a small piece of tape on the spray setting...no more time/product wasted..

Adam, how about adding one bump to the stream side of the nozzle and three or two bumps to the spray side...not sure if it can be done without a lot of cost??

16 answers to this question

I do the same!

The wife on the other hand closes all "her" cleaning stuff and if I go use it I brake the stupid trigger. You would think after breaking like 5 of them she wouldn't let me near them! No such luck!

Gotta wonder if she is related to may wife. :rolleyes:

I always leave mine on spray, she closes hers. I bust 'em. :willy:

^ always wanted a basement...here in the hill country you would have to blast and then rig up drainage...

Anyway, forgot to add that I use the rubbermaid spray bottles for the APC and GWC when I cut them 1:1 with distilled water...they are also good for the detail and waterless wash as you can go thru so much...

Open them a little and spray, more stream...

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=rubbermaid+spray+bottle&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=3183901007658707337&sa=X&ei=JOYdTrv0HPOq0AHlqu2zBw&ved=0CGUQ8wIwAg#

I used to store them on the shelf with the nozzle still set to spray unless transporting too. One day I notice a wet mark down the wall below the shelf in the garage my products are stored on. Seems the nozzle was directly against the wall and somehow began the siphon process and was drawing product out of the bottle and into the painted drywall! Stain is more than a foot long and won't clean off: it serves as a reminder to close the nozzles and make sure they're not touching the back wall!

I've only seen this when they get warm. I close all mine all the time now though & store in the basement.

Chris

Unless I am transporting them to a show, once they are on Spray I don't touch them.

I used to store them on the shelf with the nozzle still set to spray unless transporting too. One day I notice a wet mark down the wall below the shelf in the garage my products are stored on. Seems the nozzle was directly against the wall and somehow began the siphon process and was drawing product out of the bottle and into the painted drywall! Stain is more than a foot long and won't clean off: it serves as a reminder to close the nozzles and make sure they're not touching the back wall!

Unless I am transporting them to a show, once they are on Spray I don't touch them.

I do the same!

The wife on the other hand closes all "her" cleaning stuff and if I go use it I brake the stupid trigger. You would think after breaking like 5 of them she wouldn't let me near them! No such luck!

Yep, tape or P pen should do it but makes the user have to do something extra...If not a big cost deal....bumps would make it simple, Adam! :)

Well enough of this..beer thirty is approaching... 6PM or so...I will leave in the hands of the spray nozzle gods from here out...

Thought perhaps I was the only one that did this! I always close the nozzle turning it one click clockwise this way I know one click counterclockwise gives me the spray pattern i want.

Yep, me too Dave!

I also make a habit to only turn my nozzles a certain direction. That way I know I am getting Spray and not Stream.

Thought perhaps I was the only one that did this! I always close the nozzle turning it one click clockwise this way I know one click counterclockwise gives me the spray pattern i want.

Just grab a white paint pen and stick a dab on one or the other...

Should work!

Chris

Being left handed I had to do the same thing with my pliers, I kept grabbing the right handed ones...

Just tring to make things easier for folks...do not shoot the messenger...I do not need glasses to read and eye exam each year says no specs yet...??? Took a long time to get curb cuts for wheel chairs etc...too!

Now which way do I turn the nozzle...I will give it a try, left spray right stream or is it...:)

He buys the nozzles of course and from what I see, he doesn't spec out the design. I bought some Ortho Nutsedge grass spray and it had the same sprayer except in gray. Gray actually makes it easier to see the settings, although that's never been an issue for me.

Sounds like you need better lighting, or a stronger prescription. :lolsmack:

Chris

I'm with this guy! I also make a habit to only turn my nozzles a certain direction. That way I know I am getting Spray and not Stream. I for sure would screw up a right handed person, if they tried to use my stuff hahaha

He buys the nozzles of course and from what I see, he doesn't spec out the design. I bought some Ortho Nutsedge grass spray and it had the same sprayer except in gray. Gray actually makes it easier to see the settings, although that's never been an issue for me.

Sounds like you need better lighting, or a stronger prescription. :lolsmack:

Chris

Archived