Customer Service 866.965.0400

To wear a bra or not! That is the question!

jub jub

Just received by Speed Lingerie bra for my Z06. I had a clear bra on my yellow Z which was pretty cool. You couldn't see it but I felt on a black car, a removable bra might be better.

How do you all feel about bras? Should they be worn or not? :D

I'll post a pic once I get it fitted.

I've got a black G8 and I had a clear bra installed. It is barely visible unless up close. I didn't want to risk the possibility of a bra wearing on the surface and creating a visible difference in the gloss of the paint.

I also didn't want to deal with constantly putting on and taking off the bra to wash the car.

That's just my opinion.

I've got a black G8 and I had a clear bra installed. It is barely visible unless up close. I didn't want to risk the possibility of a bra wearing on the surface and creating a visible difference in the gloss of the paint.

I also didn't want to deal with constantly putting on and taking off the bra to wash the car.

That's just my opinion.

I understand your point. I will use mine mainly on long trips. It takes two minutes to install so it won't be too bad.

Personally, for daily driving and whatnot, clear bra all the way. If you're going to be using it for long road trips, then getting the other bra might be a wise choice.

Just like 08G8V8 said, having the bra mounted while driving could possibly scratch the covered surface and that's just not good.

I don't think they're worth the trouble and the ugly look they give your car. I try like crazy to keep my car nice, but there's only so much worth worrying about... After all, you're just as likely to hit gravel (or a bird, or a 2x4) around town as you are on a long highway trip. I'm not saving my car for the next owner, I'm driving it every chance I get -- and I want it to look good doing it. :cheers:

Now let me go slip into my flame suit... :willy::lol:

I put a bra on my Grand Prix when it was fairly new and I now have a line across the hood where it stopped. I can only assume that it is from some movement against the paint. I had bought a nice red bra for my 32 and never put it on just for this reason. Now that my Grand Prix in over 12 years old with 300,000 miles, on it I don't worry about the line that much.

i'm wearing a black bra.. i mean.. whoooppsss :lol:

Aw Baby, I thought this was a family forum!!???:lol:

I think that the bras for cars mess up your paint, you can get little rocks & dirt in there and its not pretty.
:iagree:

Your point is valid Babyfer, if dirt gets in between the bra and clear coat, it causes more damage than if the bra wasn't there to begin with.

Edited by Adam

Everybody keeps talking about "clear bras" and I'm not sure what that is, but I had the clear chip protection put on my Z (at Grabiaks in Pa....supporting vendor) and will have it put on my Impala. It's a clear plastic (reminds me of contact paper) that gets professionally put on the rocker panels and fenders and nose to prevent stone chips. I love the stuff. Is that what the "clear bra" is?

Everybody keeps talking about "clear bras" and I'm not sure what that is, but I had the clear chip protection put on my Z (at Grabiaks in Pa....supporting vendor) and will have it put on my Impala. It's a clear plastic (reminds me of contact paper) that gets professionally put on the rocker panels and fenders and nose to prevent stone chips. I love the stuff. Is that what the "clear bra" is?

Yeah, it's just a clear vinyl with adhesive.

I spent over $550.00 for this bra because it's speed rated to over 150 MPH (Like I drive that fast). Now I have buyers remorse. :(

I do this all the time. I buy something then ask for opinions. Somebody please slap me!

BTW, I had the clear bra put on my yellow 07 and really wasn't all that impressed. It started growing mold underneath and had several bubbles that had to be redone. It was a hassle to get the guy to come back and redo the problem areas.

Hmmm...detailing and clear bra installation sounds like a good money making business! :pc:

I say don't wear a bra......but then again, I really didn't read what you are talking about. I am just assuming it was something good, so go natural. :) LOL KIDDING!

I agree with others, get the clear one. When I had my black 350Z, I put a black bra on it (not anyones listed on here :)) and wish I hadn't. Only thing that saved me was waxing over and over. The one time I wish I had it on there, when I was driving on Interstate 64 and the car in front of me ran over a pane of glass and it shattered all over my front! That doesn't mix well with a black car sitting that low.

Edited by lanespd200

I say don't wear a bra......but then again, I really didn't read what you are talking about. I am just assuming it was something good. :) LOL KIDDING!

I agree with others, get the clear one. When I had my black 350Z, I put a black bra on it (not anyones listed on here :)) and wish I hadn't. Only thing that saved me was waxing over and over.

How long did you leave it on?

How long did you leave it on?

I would take it off every now and again to clean. It was a REALLY good one, really soft. BUT if you leave it on for any extended time, I don't care what they say......grit and grime will get down underneath it. SO IF YOU DO USE IT, don't be like me and get tired of taking it off over and over. Something you have to stick to. I only had mine for maybe 9 months and got rid of it. I was afraid it would rub more and more.

I would take mine off every other week to clean under it or when I washed the car.

I think they look great, just put some protectant on there before putting it on and after cleaning it. That helps out.........just not 100% in my opinion.

Edited by lanespd200

I would take it off every now and again to clean. It was a REALLY good one, really soft. BUT if you leave it on for any extended time, I don't care what they say......grit and grime will get down underneath it. SO IF YOU DO USE IT, don't be like me and get tired of taking it off over and over. Something you have to stick to. I only had mine for maybe 9 months and got rid of it. I was afraid it would rub more and more.

I would take mine off every other week to clean under it or when I washed the car.

I think they look great, just put some protectant on there before putting it on and after cleaning it. That helps out.........just not 100% in my opinion.

I was going to use it mainly for long trips on the Interstate. Still, with black paint I can see where any little dirt could cause problems.

I have 30 days to return it.

I was going to use it mainly for long trips on the Interstate. Still, with black paint I can see where any little dirt could cause problems.

I have 30 days to return it.

Just keep an eye on the dirt and stuff that will get in it. Tiny little scratches will show up......you should be fine, but look into the clear ones and see what you think. :) Good luck, when you put it on.....take a picture, I would like to see it.

Speed Lingerie is top quality stuff.

I say use it for long road trips and take it off. Wash it before and after. At least your vette won't look like this from a wicked road gator as mine did down in Clearwater, Fl on holiday. My heart broke when I saw it go up the hood and I just knew it did some damage. Good thing it buffed off and wasn't much aftermath. I didn't want to get out of the car to look!

1.JPG

2.JPG

Speed Lingerie is top quality stuff.

I say use it for long road trips and take it off. Wash it before and after. At least your vette won't look like this from a wicked road gator as mine did down in Clearwater, Fl on holiday. My heart broke when I saw it go up the hood and I just knew it did some damage. Good thing it buffed off and wasn't much aftermath. I didn't want to get out of the car to look!

1.JPG

2.JPG

That's enough to make a grown man cry. Glad it buffed out.