Customer Service 866.965.0400

Knobby Offroad Sidewalls & Matte Wheels

Carolinaboy

Question

Well this is the tips & tricks forum, so I'd thought I'd share how I have overcome the annoying task of trying to apply SVRT on the knobby sidewalls of most truck tires out there now.

Well I can't say that the process I've been using is all from me, it is from various members on here & Dylan.

Well I have Procomp Xtreme Terrain tires, and the XD Monsters. The tires are most definitely not easy to clean. The monsters aren't much easier

The biggest thing about getting the knobs on the sidewall is time consuming. My solution: 70/30 mixture of distilled water & SVRT in a cheap spray bottle. Then spray down the sidewalls and go back over it with the pro tire applicator. The results were great, and it was crazy simple.

I did the same thing to my Matte wheels to add some shine to them and this is what it came out to look like:

103_0010.jpg

103_0011.jpg

103_0012.jpg

103_0008.jpg

The best thing about the SVRT on the wheel faces is that it makes it super easy to clean later, I found that out a while ago but I used to apply the SVRT by hand. 4 18" wheels would take FOREVER to do that.

I'm happy with the results

Some full shots (ignore the dirty running boards, ran out of time before work)

103_0009.jpg

103_0007.jpg

22 answers to this question

Yep! Dilute the SVRT with water in a spray bottle. You'll have to shake the snot out of it before spraying, but it works well.

Experiment with how much water you put in it. You only need enough so that it'll spray well. 50/50 will probably work.

Chris

i have dick cepak tires on my jeep would like to use suprt vinyl dressing but find in hard to get around the raised letters etc leaving a pathchy job ive had to use spray foam whell products which give good penetration to raised tire letters but are inferior products any suggestions ??:hi::confused:

The easiest way to figure out what will work best for you is to take an empty bottle and fill it 25% with SVRT and another 25% water leaving it only half full of a 50/50 mix.

Try it and see if you like the result.

If you want more shine add more SVRT. If you want less shine add more water.

By only doing a half bottle you leave yourself plenty or room to tweak the ratio to your liking. If you do a bottle half water/half SVRT from the get to theres not enough room in there to add anything to change the dilution so you're stuck with it until you use more or dump it out.

Yep in a nutshell that is a similar way to how I did it

is that 70% water & 30% SVRT, or 70% SVRT & 30% water?

The easiest way to figure out what will work best for you is to take an empty bottle and fill it 25% with SVRT and another 25% water leaving it only half full of a 50/50 mix.

Try it and see if you like the result.

If you want more shine add more SVRT. If you want less shine add more water.

By only doing a half bottle you leave yourself plenty or room to tweak the ratio to your liking. If you do a bottle half water/half SVRT from the get to theres not enough room in there to add anything to change the dilution so you're stuck with it until you use more or dump it out.

Archived