Customer Service 866.965.0400

foam gun

bonedr

Question

does adams sell a foam gun if so is it on the website?? cant seem to find it thanks all the reviews are good on the forum and im interested whats the thoughts on using the foam guns with a pressure washer ??:jester::glasses:

I have a manual foam gun and was looking to get the pressure washer version also. I think the big difference is, the foam last's a longer, and goes on thicker with the PW versions. The hose version works good, but the foam is usually gone by the time I wash. I've tried anywhere from 2 to 8 oz in the canister and fill the rest with water. It kind of runs down the car, while video's of the PW style show the foam "sticking" to the paint.

I agree. I have done the samething. Just runs off before I get washing good but better than nothing.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Before finding Adams, I believe I created many of the tiny scratches that I had. Not wanting to ever do that again, I foam my car twice. After the first foaming, I spray with fire hose then foam again and wash using two pads/two buckets.

I have this one, and it says MADE IN THE USA in the product description. I just went and checked it, everything is stamped made in the USA except for the brass connecters from the handle to the canister section, that's says made in China. I think that's what the problem was with the Adam's one.

Amazon.com: Gilmour 75QGFMR Foamaster Adjustable Multi Ratio Cleaning Gun: Patio, Lawn & Garden

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/company-info-announcements/8333.htm

That was the problem Dave they were not 100% USA made!

That was the problem Dave they were not 100% USA made!

So were there issues with reliability?

They work ok. But since Adam's sells them as 100% US made and they were not (changed by the manufacturer) they stopped selling them. The foam guns are available through some of the dealers that have some still in stock.

The Foam Gun in question was one heck of a nice tool to have, although not mandatory to have for achieving a perfect wash.

I do have one. My ratio is this: Fill it to water to the neck, then dump in 4 oz of soap. Screw lid on and swish it around to get the soap and the water all friendly. The more you can get the two mixed before you start sudsing, the better off you are...I have learned.

Again though, they are nice to have, and are are great tool, but a two bucket wash with grit guards, and two pads, the firehose nozzle, and a little common sense will also get the wash results you are looking for.

Mook

Are people using the foam gun to wash their vehicles without the two bucket methods??

If they are I sure hope they are using some washpads too!

I rinse (very well), then foam, then start with the buckets whilst said foam is on my paint.

Are people using the foam gun to wash their vehicles without the two bucket methods??

The foam gun is NOT a substitute for a proper 2 bucket wash. It's a compliment to it or added insurance against swirls.

Foaming the car and then rinsing with really be no different than going to an automatic wash. while that may not cause any swirls it really doesn't clean the car either.

A foam gun isn't a must have it's a nice to have......Unless you have a black car then it's a must have. :willy:

I don't know why you would foam gun then rinse without touching the car. The theory is to add more suds and provide more of a barier when you do touch the car with your mitt or pad. I also use it as the phase where I'll use the lug brush and hit all the area's that I know the mitt won't get to. If I had a black car, for $50, for piece of mind it's worth it. Especially with all the efforts we put into our paint.

Like Mook said, just rinse the car really well before the process even starts. Use a leaf blower or car dryer to dry and you shouldn't really have any chances to scratch up your car, especially with quality products.

Archived