Customer Service 866.965.0400

I think I figured out how to organize mine....

Coderedpl

Question

So I asked about product organization earlier and since I've read a bit and educated myself through the forum, I have since changed my idea of organizing towels and such. It seems that the majority use plastic containers and such.

Now idk if this is just being crazy or something but getting the right products I also want to store them to prevent cross "contamination" and such. I don't want a microfiber towel that picked up oil in the engine bay and didn't completely 1000000% wash off in the washing process, to end up on the seats of my car.

So I thought of dividing them into categories like so:

Plastic Container Organization

1 All Dirty Towels: to be washed

Possibly divide container into two

One section for dirty towels from heavier usage from wheels, engine bay, door jambs & alike

The other for interior & alike

2 Utility towels: [no paint contact] All-purpose microfibers, edgeless microfiber & others

Also split into two sections (dirty heavy usage, and interior)

3 Detail Towels: [safe on paint] (single soft, double-soft)

4 Waterless / Drying / Glass Towels: [safe on paint] (waterless wash, glass)

5 Pads / Applicators: (hex-grip, dressing, block) (smaller container)

6 Wash mitts / sponges / brushes

1 Bag for all bottles (standing upright)

Meguiars G110v2 in Megs oem bag

Flex XC3401VRG in flex polisher bag

The reason I'm opting for bags on the polishers and the bottles, is that incase I need to grab them with me somewhere on the go, say to go detail a car for someone at their place, or if all goes well a "customer" I can just grab the bags, grab containers and go, and still be organized.

What'd you think? Any ideas/advice?

I know some of you pack the flex/pc pads into zip-lock bags after they have dried up. I'm considering doing that aswell to further minimize the risk of dust and such.

I dont have a whole lot of towels so at first I thought the smallest box will do, but with further expansion down the road I think i'll stick to somewhat on the medium side.

Offtopic: any1 have experience with MicroRestore Microfiber Detergent?

15 answers to this question

That's roughly how I have my towels and stuff organized. Here's a pic of my bins. The one on top with the holes is where I keep my dirty towels to help prevent mold if they're damp.

P4200002.jpg

My polishers I have in bags, but my bottles and brushes (the stuff that I use the most) I have on my cart.

I visited Crate & Barrel and Bed Bath & Beyond.

Bed Bath seems to have a nice selection of stand-alone stackable & closed containers, aswell as slide out containers sort of like a rack setup.

I need to get a rough idea of how many towels I have altogether and what sizes of containers I'll need.

I recommend hitting Lowe's for some Made in USA storage bins or if you have time and access...The Container Store. That place sent me into a tailspin of getting lost. Literally, the wife called me two hours later and wondered where I was.

Mook

What is really sad is ....when I go to the store to find organizational stuff for my stuff. Yet I don't own a DRESSER. My clothes are in baskets!!!!!

Lordy I need new priorities! HAHAHA

I see nothing wrong with your priorities.

I recommend hitting Lowe's for some Made in USA storage bins or if you have time and access...The Container Store. That place sent me into a tailspin of getting lost. Literally, the wife called me two hours later and wondered where I was.

Mook

I'm not sure where those were made but I'm not extremely picky about where they're made. As long as they keep the dust out and don't break too quickly I'll be fine.

Seems like there is a few container stores around me, I think by suggesting that store you just made my choice that much harder. :help:

All I really need is about 6 containers. 2 of which are divided in half (I wonder if that container exists =P)

What is really sad is ....when I go to the store to find organizational stuff for my stuff. Yet I don't own a DRESSER. My clothes are in baskets!!!!!

Lordy I need new priorities! HAHAHA

They seem just fine to me!!!:cheers:

Archived