Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help! How did this happen? (Navigation screen)

Coderedpl

Question

Wiped down my brothers car last week sometime with just detail spray and leather & interior cleaner on some spots, he told me he saw some spots on the navigation screen, I had a chance to take a look today and this is what i found....

doesn't come off with detail spray or glass cleaner with either glass or microfiber towel........

What to do!!! It wasnt there before =/

img20110814145640.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

img20110814145645.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

23 answers to this question

Those spots were from the Leather & Interior cleaner. Probably got on the screen from stray squeeze of the trigger. Just like Jonathan said, it has happened to me and some of my friends.

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Those spots were from the Leather & Interior cleaner. Probably got on the screen from stray squeeze of the trigger. Just like Jonathan said, it has happened to me and some of my friends.

Yes, this is the only thing that makes sense to me now. I took the risk and sprayed glass cleaner and detail spray in my car (which has the same exact navigation setup) and nothing happened.

The leather nad interior cleaner is powerful stuff! I am curious on how to fix them spots though

I shall tell you right now....

After trying to wipe it down with: Glass cleaner, Detail Spray, and even put a tiny bit of VRT to see if it would help, buffing with microfiber towel and glass towel, nothing worked....so i took the next step......compounds...

I started off with Swirl & Haze Remover, it worked, but I felt like i could get more done quicker so I stepped up to SSR, and kept wiping using microfiber towel. It worked!!!! So i did maybe two passes of the entire screen with SSR, then stepped down to SHR, and then finally, FMP....Looks like new!

Interesting fix. I've found that Revive polish can do amazing things for stubborn spots. I noticed some pretty bad water spots on my driver's window today. I reached for the clay bar and the container was empty....totally slipped my mind that I had just recently used the last bar. APC, Detail Spray, Waterless Wash, and Window Cleaner wouldn't remove them. A fair amount of revive on a microfiber applicator pad, a small amount of elbow grease and they were gone in less than a minute or so.

Great innovation for this fix though and I'm glad it worked out for you.

FYI, give Revive a try if something similar happens again. Works wonders!

Edited by green6767

Interesting fix. I've found that Revive polish can do amazing things for stubborn spots. I noticed some pretty bad water spots on my driver's window today. I reached for the clay bar and the container was empty....totally slipped my mind that I had just recently used the last bar. APC, Detail Spray, Waterless Wash, and Window Cleaner wouldn't remove them. A fair amount of revive on a microfiber applicator pad, a small amount of elbow grease and they were gone in less than a minute or so.

Great innovation for this fix though and I'm glad it worked out for you.

FYI, give Revive a try if something similar happens again. Works wonders!

I don't have revive yet so this was the next best on the list. Worked wonders.

Nice fix. Good information to have. Adam is the man :bow:

Let's all take a minute to learn a lesson here: always spray product OUTSIDE the car onto whatever applicator you are using, just in case. :thumbsup:

Nice fix. Good information to have. Adam is the man :bow:

Let's all take a minute to learn a lesson here: always spray product OUTSIDE the car onto whatever applicator you are using, just in case. :thumbsup:

Learned the hard-way lol

Hey Peter, I been reading this thread as I am desperate for a fix. Have a similar issue, have little dots of oil from my detailing product and can’t get them out with water or monitor wipes. I am hoping you can tell me exactly what I can use to remove it.... I’m so desperate and am hoping you have access to this still. Would so appreciate it :(( 

41 minutes ago, Eve said:

Hey Peter, I been reading this thread as I am desperate for a fix. Have a similar issue, have little dots of oil from my detailing product and can’t get them out with water or monitor wipes. I am hoping you can tell me exactly what I can use to remove it.... I’m so desperate and am hoping you have access to this still. Would so appreciate it :(( 

He did answer it.  Swirl and Haze Remover. 

50 minutes ago, Eve said:

@Rich yeah I know but I am now wondering if what he did was remove the anti glare coating with that product or if the product he used just took out the oil stain.

I don't know.  That was 10 years ago. I doubt he's even on the forum any more.