Customer Service 866.965.0400

Irene (East Coast)

DieselDude

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont have a generator and I hope the battery backup in our new french drain system works if we need it..

You should have looked into a water powered unit. Sounds dumb, but they work great and water is one of the last things to go. Sure, you may not want to drink it, but it tends to still flow. Batteries only last so long.

Chris

You should have looked into a water powered unit. Sounds dumb, but they work great and water is one of the last things to go. Sure, you may not want to drink it, but it tends to still flow. Batteries only last so long.

Chris

AAAWWWW, cut him a break Chris. He's a knuckle draggin' fireman!:lolsmack:

210734W_NL_sm.gif

Just an update of what she is doing. You would think I would be going to bed so I could leave asap.

The news indicates that the tunnels I am going to be driving through will be closed soon so yea.

ECI7.JPG

Be safe everyone!!!!!

I have not been reading the forum for the last few days because on Wednesday morning I went to Newport R.I. and got my boat ready to ride out the storm, then drove to Point Judith R.I. to meet up with a friend and he drove to New York City to has boat. On Thursday we brought that boat from the City to Block Island (17 hour trip trying to miss the T storms) and got into the island a midnight. Today we stripped his boat so its ready for the stop. Its looking like getting the boat out of the city was a good idea.

I have a brother and in-laws that live on Cape Cod. So far none of them of are willing to drive across the connecting bridge to get away from the coast, and this storm is making me nervous. Let's hope the weather forecasters are wrong.

well I have triple worries first well my new born son and wife will be home without me because second as chief of the volly department im busy preparing for everyone elses safety and on top of that I have been called into work for an overnight shift from at least 10 pm until 8 in the morning. well here is the issue we have the canal and the river both of which will flood which in turn will cut off three of the access points to home. not to mention even if i can get home there is no guarantee I wont be out again im not expecting much sleep the next couple of days.

well, so much for a vacation. Drove down to virginia/newport news last night only to be turned around this morning. Visited with my aunt that beat cancer, twice. Then left. Took us 2 hours to get out of Virginia going back roads and and got home an hour ago. Traffic was insane, ended up hitting washington traffic on top of all the evacuees.

Watching the news it looks like its really dieing down though and might not have much of a huricane by the time it hits NJ. Lets hope. I have one very large tree that if it fell would take out my house, no missing that one.

I left town at 2 am. Traffic was good. Weather was not. I hear she's reduced to a cat 1 hut I have not heard how fast she is moving. That is what will get folks is the rain dumping down and her moving slow.

Thanks to mook for giving me an update....I was able to relay it to my roommate.

I don't have a cool cell signature.....I just use tapatalk

Where DTS is she?

Point Pleasant Beach, right at the Manasquan inlet. They closed up the condo and headed inland a few hours ago. She said Brian Williams from NBC News was there yesterday.

Well, just got back from the first call, landscaping garage was roaring.. gasoline everywhere.. and its been POURING..

supposed to go on standby soon.. I told my Company Chief I want to respond from home and told him to wait for me to get there for a call.. he chuckled.. but I would really like to be home in case one of the trees come down on our house, I dont think my Wife would know what to do, I wanna make sure Her and the Pets are safe.. the last time it was decently windy (earlier this year) a few big branches fell from this tree..

Just got back from another call, number 2 of the night.. Just a commercial fire alarm..

Gear is obviously still soaked from the fire..

Dang Nick, busy night? or have you been seeing the usual number of calls?

Archived