Customer Service 866.965.0400

Irene (East Coast)

DieselDude

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well the pit is filling so I assume the pump will kick in soon.. unfortunately, the lights dimmed a couple times so we may lose power soon.. hopefully the battery back up works well..

also when I was looking around the perimeter of the basement, I found a couple drips that on a stud, then looked and they're coming from the ceiling/first level floor.. wtf.. not sure where its coming in..

Worst Is over, we were supposed to get 13.5" of rain and only got six. Wind gusts up to 70 and we bearly broke 30mph. Lights dimmed once but after that it's been rock solid.

I would say we got lucky but it sounds like the most of south jersey was spared/overhyped here around Philly. I guess the schuylkill river is close to overflowing though

I lost track of the water rescues here in Hunterdon County. It sounded like Lambertville had begun rescuing people from their homes as did Frnchtown and Milford, to a lesser degree.

At 0430 hrs. we lost power so I fired up baby and are doing ok.

Some water in our laundry room, courtesy of our well pipe entrance into the house and some water along the same wall in the garage, that was a first.

At about 0445 hrs. we heard a couple of loud pops and the sound of crashing across the street. I went out with my flashlight to confirm something didn't fall on our neighbor's house.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Just got home.. been out all night, got home around 0600, got banged out around 0800, and now back home..

also found out that my upstairs bathroom is still leaking water, and I just replaced that part of the roof, wtf

Just got home.. been out all night, got home around 0600, got banged out around 0800, and now back home..

also found out that my upstairs bathroom is still leaking water, and I just replaced that part of the roof, wtf

Sound like you're having some bad luck buddy. Hope you get it fixed. Just think if you lived in NC it would be alot.worse. Goodluck buddy!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

We lucked out here in Lancaster County--about 5" of rain and some wind. A few branches down and scattered power problems but nothing major. Nick and Jon, we're thinking about you guys. I know that Jon's not REALLY delighting in your distress!:D

and another couple calls.. that shower was pointless..

I only had two structure fires during Irene, still getting alarms.. Spent most the morning/afternoon cutting trees. Cannot believe the amount of trees into houses and power lines. Going to be a long clean up .

For those in North Carolina (Southern Baptist Teams will be):

The following sites have been selected so far for feeding and recovery operations: Manteo, Memorial Baptist in Williamston, First Baptist Church New Bern. The Memorial Baptist Church in Greenville will also serve as a major operation center. Volunteers will be based out of these sites (and others) to serve many areas across the affected area.

Lost power for 15 hours. Not the worse thing in the world. I feel sorry for the ones who are still without power and those who flooded.

JCP&L rep told us it maybe a WEEK before we get our power back on! Glad I have five gas cans.

I have been without power since 10 Sunday morning, and I didn't get the genreator in time.

After 8nhours the battery died on my FIOS connection.

I have not even seen a truck out working the lines yet and can never talk to anyone ant the electric company so no idea when the power should be back on.

With nothing to do yesterday inside I got the truck all cleaned up again. It looked like someone had glued small leaf peaces all over it.

Had to bring my computer to the golf course this morning to get a network connection.

Ok Im tired been very busy just yesterday alone I went to 43 houses and was the officer for 3 fire calls too and that was just work. Saturday night I was on Truck one we did actually I dont remember all i know is I took a nap around 1030 am to 1 on sunday. That was after I bailed 6 inches of water out of my basement and then after I woke up I went to the volly house and didnt get home until 1030 sunday night so yeah i was busy.

I lost power at 10:30 AM Sunday and got it back this morning. So I ran on generator power for about 48 hours. The cable went out about two hours after the power. But that came back to life this afternoon :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Archived