Customer Service 866.965.0400

Drying wash pad/mitt

troyreg

Question

How does everyone dry their wash pad or mitt after washing? I'm in Florida and with the humidity it seems to take forever for them to dry out. I've also tried letting them dry out inside in the air conditioning but it still takes a long time. Anyone stick them in the dryer?

16 answers to this question

When I finish my garage, I will be installing a clothesline across two cabinets for just this.

Right now, I am just letting them air out so to speak on top of the grit guard which rests on an upside down bucket. In the past, I have experimented with throwing them in the dryer on low or no heat just to see. They came out fine. BUT, do the dryer part at your own risk.

Mook

The other option is to put then on a box fan that you've laid down on the ground. Once you sling it out, turn the fan on high and it'll be dry over night. I dry polish pads and wash pads all at once and am ready to go by the next morning.

Thanks Dylan. Just wanted to make sure it was normal. The pads work great for holding onto suds for washing the car and I guess that's why it's also hard to get them dry later. I'll try the throwing motion next time to fling out the extra water.

Just don't try it while standing near the car you just washed and dried... don't ask me why! :lolsmack:

I am in the Tampa area, lots of the typical florida humidity. Doing this technique really helps. Mine will dry hanging over the garage utility sink within a day after slinging them out (and using the fingers to fluff the nap up immediately after slinging it out).

Thanks Dylan. Just wanted to make sure it was normal. The pads work great for holding onto suds for washing the car and I guess that's why it's also hard to get them dry later. I'll try the throwing motion next time to fling out the extra water.

The dryer isn't recommended... be sure to spend time flinging as much of the water out of them as you can.

Make the fast-pitch softball type motion (just don't throw the mit) and a lot of the water will be flung out. Even if it takes a little while to dry afterwards theres no harm in it.

HEY! That's my technique! No one's allowed to use it without asking!

:jester:

Archived