Customer Service 866.965.0400

questions about my new stuff

smokemeister25

Question

the weather is lousy and cold and it's just about dark so this is definitely the wrong time to do car stuff outside. but i couldn't wait any longer to try some of my new stuff. at least it stopped raining for a while.

so i washed the trunk and claybarred it and then tried my PC on it. only got through the swirl and have pad but had a couple of questions. i had bought a wool washmit from advance auto before i started buying adams stuff and it lasted about 5 washes before it started to totally fall apart. the wool came out and the seams let go... junk. so my last order i got two of the wash pads thinking they probably weren't all that great since adams sells a mitt but was going for the biggest bang for the buck with all the stuff i bought. DANG... these things work GREAT.... :banana: they hold a ton of water and suds and seem phenominal for the money. was wondering if anybody knows what they're made of? are they a wool or are they a synthetic. i know they're not supposed to scratch but was surprised they hold so much water.

also, when i use the PC and you come to the chrome emblems and edges do you just go over them and use more the middle out to the edge of the pad since the whole thing doesn't fit in some of the spaces. i just went over the chrome emblems and went kind easy so i wouldn't tear the pad up but wasn't sure how you guys do them and edges?

i have a ton more questions, but i'll stop at just these two for now. i don't think i did a very good job because it's getting cold (probably in the 40's) and the dew is coming out so nothing really dries but i've been dying to try my new wash pads and firemans hose so i worked on the trunk a little after i claybarred.

thanks for the help

les :pc:

8 answers to this question

Les I do NOT go over emblems with my PC. I tape them up and avoid them, I have ruined pads before doing what you describe. They tear easily on the edges of the emblem, when spinning. Having said this, I am by no means an expert. Some of the experts will chime in, and I am curious how they do it, but I think most will agree with me. Hope this helps. As for the mitts, they are Mereno Wool. Check out the today's special and Dylan shows you the before picture. I hope this helps you out.

Like Kelly said, painters tape is your friend here. I have found the green 3m tape sticks a little better than the blue. It can be found in the paint section of the auto parts store. Cover the emblems and black trim to keep the pads safe and clean.

The 'old' mitts are a synthetic wool, the new one is real sheep hair.

As said above...I would tape up the chrome and black trim. Green or Blue (I use whatever I have).

You will like the fireman hose. Did you get the cutoff valve with yours? I have another brand one but it is still a fireman hose end. My parents saw me using it so they had to have one to use (so they have one for themselves now).

Like Kelly said, painters tape is your friend here. I have found the green 3m tape sticks a little better than the blue. It can be found in the paint section of the auto parts store. Cover the emblems and black trim to keep the pads safe and clean.

The 'old' mitts are a synthetic wool, the new one is real sheep hair.

:iagree:Tape up or de-badge!

i did get the cutoff valve. this thing is by far the best hose nozzle i've not only ever had, it's the best one i've ever seen. it just plain works better and makes a better stream at any setting. looks like it's built like a tank too

i thought the pads must be some kind of wool. i was careful going over and around the emblems, but i'll tape and avoid them in the future

i did get the cutoff valve. this thing is by far the best hose nozzle i've not only ever had, it's the best one i've ever seen. it just plain works better and makes a better stream at any setting. looks like it's built like a tank too

i thought the pads must be some kind of wool. i was careful going over and around the emblems, but i'll tape and avoid them in the future

Les,

The wash pads are made of man made material...synthetic wool. The wool wash mitt is made of baby Himilayen Monkey's, guaranteed not to scratch:D Also like the video's states, and what others have said, just tape up or if your that good just avoid the badges all together. Check out the focus pad video Dylan made, he explains it in that video when he's doing the trunk section of the vette.

Archived