Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Truck Advice

Kingsford

Alright guys and gals, the time has come and it's getting serious for me when it comes to looking for a new truck.

I started looking at F150's but then decided gas would be a problem and then figured out that it wouldn't fit in the garage. So I decided to start looking at Chevy Colorado's and GMC Canyon's... Well after looking and looking I've come to find that those are really hard to find. So here's what I have so far, I dont know if this is going ot be the truck or not because I want something that has darker paint but here is what I am looking at. Let me know what you guys think about them.

I don't use my truck to pull anything and the only thing I haul is my work tools and fire gear.

PhotoSep17123944PM.jpg

PhotoSep17123949PM.jpg

PhotoSep17123955PM.jpg

PhotoSep17124002PM.jpg

PhotoSep17124007PM.jpg

PhotoSep17124014PM.jpg

PhotoSep17124224PM.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31K for a Colorado?

My god, I didn't know those things were that pricey.

It's $31,000 and you get $2500 back. The dealer where we are buying from is a good family friend and we buy everything from him so he usually knocks a few thousand off. When we bought my Ex's car it was marked at $20,000 and he went right down to $14,000 with out us having to say anything.

The Colorados are nice trucks, but I would at least look at a Dodge Dakota, I think this my be the last year for a while on the Dakota, you can get a super deal on one. I had 2 Dakotas,I had 0 problems with them.

Good luck on your search!:xfingers:

I am just going to be honest, I don't like how the Dakota's look and they sit too low for me. That's why I am looking at the Z71 packages on the Colorado's.

that color looks good.. but if you want darker, get darker.. if they're offering you a deal on that one, they can give you the same on another, they just may say no in the beginning..

get what you really want so you don't regret it..

We have a 2009 canyon four door 4x4 in the family. I almost bought that same silver Z71 package colorado the day I got my silverado but i had to find something with more rebates with being upside down. I think the extended cab colorado was like 28,000, but had no rebates at all. The silverado I ended up getting about 6-7k on top of getting it at invoice. After having my truck vs the smaller truck you can really see a difference in ride quality, and handling. The smaller truck doesnt ride as well as my truck, and with the inline 5 cyl gets about the same milage as my v8.

Too Expensive and they just drink the Gas. I'm going to a smaller engine to save gas.

Smaller the motor doesn't always mean better MPG. My sierra 1500 ext. cab gets the same MPG with a 5.3L as that colorado. Get the 5.3L package :D. On paint choices, you have to decide whether you're gonna be dedicated to washing it more often and correcting it as well. I like the GM silver (and it hides more then black).

I will suggest you DO NOT buy a Canyon or Colorado. They're obsolete, and GM is going to stop production of them VERY soon. Ranger is dead as well of course.

Unfortunately, the only ones making a good small to midsize is Toyota or Nissan. If you buy the Toyota, I'd buy it in a manual. My buddy had an auto for a year and traded it for the manual. When the A/C kicks on, the engines idle increases. Sitting at a light with your foot lightly on the brake can make for an interesting time. lol No really... It's a common problem...

We've had several of the Canyons and Colorado's in our corporate fleet with not a lot of issues. They are IMO very tinny and noisy inside though. Definitely not the truck I'd choose.

It sucks that size is an issue. The new F150 with the 3.7 or Eco-Boost 3.5 is an awesome combination IMO.

Chris

id say get what you want, don't "settle" for a smaller truck just cause it "works". If you want that F150 do it, you'll make it work. That being said with absolutely no other choice I'd say the Canyon, My friend has one and being a smaller truck it had less quality overall but I think It's perfect for the price he got it for. Plus you can make those looks pretty sick lifted or slammed. 8.jpg

30173480005_large.jpg

My dads friend found me a 2011 Colorado for $29,000 fully loaded with everything I want. He said he'd give me KBB for my truck which is $8700 and there is a $2500 rebate. After all is said and done (including taxes) he said $19,000

Archived