Customer Service 866.965.0400

Who Goes to the Carlisle Shows?

Rich

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bowling Green is a must. If you can, do the Museum Experience. They take your car and detail it and put it on display in the museum for the day. And they give you the VIP treatment. Extra special tour of the assembly plant, and your own tour guide of the museum. There's a bunch of other goodies that go along with it. It's a pretty cool thing to do. That was a gift from my wife for Christmas three years ago.

http://www.corvettemuseum.com/experience/index.shtml

But even if you can't take the Vette, there's a big event in Bowling Green called the Hot Rod Reunion every year. I think it's in June, but you can google it.

http://www.cruisintimes.org/cruisin/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=61:hot-rod-reunion-&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=50

We arranged our trip around that and what a blast. Drag racing and huge car shows at Beech Bend Raceway, displays and shows all over BG, and an induction ceremony for former drag racers into the Hot Rod Hall of Fame. Something to consider. :2thumbs:

Rich, I did both i.e. Buyers Tour and Museum Delivery. Of the two the Buyers Tour literally was one of the top five events in my life. It's an unforgettable event.:cheers:

Absolutely! We managed to have a good friend who works at the museum (you probably know who I mean) give us our tours and we saw stuff that mere mortals don't usually see. Plus we managed to see the back rooms at the museum where the "good" stuff is. You're right. It is really amazing to see how our cars are made and what all is involved. And to see how many tires get destroyed just because of a scratch!!

I'd reccommend that trip to any Corvette lover. That...........and Corvettes at Carlisle! :burnout:

I've never been but would like to.

jub jub Just do it. It's a great trip in a Z06.

Rich I think I know who you mean. A CCWP Member from Johnstown. I.E. Cousin Bruce.:bow:

Edited by radstoy
addition

Absolutely! We managed to have a good friend who works at the museum (you probably know who I mean) give us our tours and we saw stuff that mere mortals don't usually see. Plus we managed to see the back rooms at the museum where the "good" stuff is. You're right. It is really amazing to see how our cars are made and what all is involved. And to see how many tires get destroyed just because of a scratch!!

I'd reccommend that trip to any Corvette lover. That...........and Corvettes at Carlisle! :burnout:

.........and Bloomington Gold!

jub jub Just do it. It's a great trip in a Z06.

Rich I think I know who you mean. A CCWP Member from Johnstown. I.E. Cousin Bruce.:bow:

Exactly. Our two sons went to school together and he belonged to Flood City too. Good people.

And I agree Jub. JUST DO IT!

Come Saturday. Sunday is kinda dull. Lot of vendors leave, lots of cars are gone. Plus if you come with your vette on Saturday and park in the fun field, you might be chosen for a celbrity pick. :cheers:

We attend the most of the Carlisle Events, and set up a full display at the Spring, Ford, Mopar, Corvette, and Fall Shows.

Summer will be here before you know it, and we'll be hosting the 4th annual Customer Appreciation Party at the Corvette Show: Friday afternoon, 5:30PM.

Come enjoy Chicken Parmigiano Sandwiches, and fabulous Pizzas from Marcello's Ristorante Italiano, the best Italian food in the area!

Beer, wine, sodas and water for the non-boozers is always available as well.

We typically raffle off Detail Kits to attendees, and come up with goofy ways to do it.

Last year, it was the girl with the most black cars, the youngest customer, the oldest customer, the biggest detail freak, you get the point. . . . .

Here are some photos of the parties from 2006, 07, and 08: Anyone recognize the people in the photos??:2thumbs:

Edited by Adam

I see my dad in this one, in the back leaning against the house. Adam maybe you remember we were with "Gina the Hotdog Girl" :jester: don't remind me

I remember very much!!! That's great, how is Gina? How about your pop? You planning on coming back next year?

Everybody's great, thanks. We're definitely coming back in August, if for nothing else than to go to your party. We're from New Haven so we're very critical of our pizza, and Marcello's has some superb pie :thumbsup: If business ever brings you up to the Northeast I'll take you to Wooster Street and treat you to some of the most famous pizza in the region, if not the country: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Pepe_Pizzeria_Napoletana

ugh, now I'm hungry :drool:

• 2 weeks later...