Customer Service 866.965.0400

Who Goes to the Carlisle Shows?

Rich

Just made my hotel reservation and registered for Corvettes at Carlisle. This will be my 6th time there. We go for three days for Corvettes and usually also try to get to GM Carlisle for Saturday. Love the shows.

Anybody else go to any of their great shows?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just made my hotel reservation and registered for Corvettes at Carlisle. This will be my 6th time there. We go for three days for Corvettes and usually also try to get to GM Carlisle for Saturday. Love the shows.

Anybody else go to any of their great shows?

I went in 2006. I liked it a lot but all shows have their pros and cons. I like Bloomington Gold better.....

Rich, It takes me that long too with traffic on the turnpike. :willy:

I think it was in 98, we sat on the turnpike for almost 2 hours. It had to be another 2 hours to get to a field up the road for parking. That was absolutely crazy.... In 2000 I wasn't there very long.

:bow:My wife was pregnant with our first.She was a trooper just for going with me, let alone sweating it out for 6 hours of walking. We made the trip around the cars on display and headed home.

Rich, It takes me that long too with traffic on the turnpike. :willy:

I think it was in 98, we sat on the turnpike for almost 2 hours. It had to be another 2 hours to get to a field up the road for parking. That was absolutely crazy.... In 2000 I wasn't there very long.

:bow:My wife was pregnant with our first.She was a trooper just for going with me, let alone sweating it out for 6 hours of walking. We made the trip around the cars on display and headed home.

Turnpike traffic... yea, i hear you. My father used to live in Bethlehem and one summer we got caught in I78/83 traffic and more of a snarl around harrisburg on the Sunday of Corvettes at Carlisle. It was a crazy traffic jam with lots of great looking vettes mixed in. :cheers:

The trick with the Corvette show is to get there by 6am on Friday and especially Saturday if you can only make it one day.

How about all the other shows? Anybody go for Chrysler, GM, Ford, Trucks, Spring or Fall?

The trick with the Corvette show is to get there by 6am on Friday and especially Saturday if you can only make it one day.

How about all the other shows? Anybody go for Chrysler, GM, Ford, Trucks, Spring or Fall?

I went to the Ford show in 2007. It was really impressive... it's easy to forget how many wild Fords there have been over the years... the Cobrajets, Torinos, Panteras, Merkurs, plus all those trucks and broncos... It was a great show.

(though I was a little nervous parking my Vette there... :lol:)

There are 2 shows that I WILL NOT MISS. Wagonfest in Waterloo, NY on the last weekend in July (1200 miles one way), and the Great Ogeechee Seafood Festival (local show with 400 cars) in the middle of October. The others are "if I can make it" shows.

When I lived in Maryland I had a stall in row F at Corvettes Carlisle for about 15 years. I just sold miscellaneous used parts that I would pick up from time to time. It helped me defer the cost of the restoration on my '69. I gave it up after '03 event and liquidated the balance of my stuff on eBay. Now that I am in Florida, it is hard to justify the trip to just look around.

Rich

I've gone to Corvettes @ Carlisle for the past 3 years, but I haven't brought my car yet. I really want to but it's a 5-hour drive.

I always stay at the Days Inn Harrisburg.

Bring the car!! I drive mine 6 1/2 hours to Corvette on the Boardwalk in Ocean City Md. It's fun on the highways.

Oh I know how much fun it is on the highways. The farthest I've driven with it is a little over an hour away for a car show near the NY state line this past September. On the way home I stopped to get something to eat (after about 50 minutes of driving) and when I went back out the ignition wouldn't even click. I had to wait with the hood open for 20 minutes for everything to cool down before it would start again.

I know what you mean. I had a fuel injector go when coming back from Bowling Green in Maryland, and then it went again two years ago at Carlisle. Both times I was about two or three hours from home. It's not a good feeling.

The funny part is that people in the parking lot were coming over to look at the car and the engine since the hood was up so I killed some time letting it cool off by talking to them, who didn't know the car was dead:lolsmack:

We may be planning a trip to BG this year

Bowling Green is a must. If you can, do the Museum Experience. They take your car and detail it and put it on display in the museum for the day. And they give you the VIP treatment. Extra special tour of the assembly plant, and your own tour guide of the museum. There's a bunch of other goodies that go along with it. It's a pretty cool thing to do. That was a gift from my wife for Christmas three years ago.

http://www.corvettemuseum.com/experience/index.shtml

But even if you can't take the Vette, there's a big event in Bowling Green called the Hot Rod Reunion every year. I think it's in June, but you can google it.

http://www.cruisintimes.org/cruisin/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=61:hot-rod-reunion-&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=50

We arranged our trip around that and what a blast. Drag racing and huge car shows at Beech Bend Raceway, displays and shows all over BG, and an induction ceremony for former drag racers into the Hot Rod Hall of Fame. Something to consider. :2thumbs:

Found out last year the secret to getting into the fairgrounds with a minimum of hassle is to get there before 9AM or so Fri. and Sat. mornings.

I find the vendors are most helpful there are semi bargains there it you like I take a pocket full of money for essentials.

It is a place to meet new people and make new friends also stop by and say chat with the folks at the Corvette Club of Western Pennsylvania tent after you visit and check out all the goodies at the Adams Polishes Tent.:rockon: