Customer Service 866.965.0400

How long does Adam's usually take to process your order?

I see people posting about how their order got sent out the same day and it kind of erks me because I placed my order last Friday... almost a week now, and it hasn't even left the warehouse. Is this just a strange phenomenon or does this occasionally happen?

I talked to Ashley and she said it was because it was a larger order... but a week to put stuff in a box? :confused:

Hey Matt,

Orders generally ship the same day if the order is placed before noon PST, but delays can happen due to items selling out unexpectedly. We had a very strange run on clay which cleared us out ahead of time, some orders had been held for that reason.

We also ask that if you place a very large order you allow 2-3 business days for processing... things like the ultimate kit and similar take time to pack and we want to do our best to ensure they are packed with extreme care... large multi-box shipments seem to go thru the ringer with shipping companies so our guys take a lot more time to pack those to reduce the chances for damage in transit.

If you'd like to shoot me your order number in a PM I'd be happy to look into it for you.

large multi-box shipments seem to go thru the ringer with shipping companies so our guys take a lot more time to pack those to reduce the chances for damage in transit.

This is SO true. :willy:

Not sure why, but it is. :confused:

To the OP, I know how impatient I am when it comes to ordering stuff, but trust the Adam's team. They will get it to you, and it will be right the first time. Nothing more frustrating than waiting for something and it shows up wrong. :mad: (Damaged or something missing :( ) That just makes the whole wait process even longer!

Another option is to check with a local distributor and see if they can process and ship faster.

For me, I charge the same prices, honor the same discounts and my Florida customers get their products the next day, simply because of distance and I process fewer orders than the big boys in Colorado.

I get my stuff shipped within 2 days ;), not to rub it in haha. Im sure it was just what dylan said though, on my biggest order I had a problem with the shipping company, they took forever and they then just left it at my door of my apartment!!! hundreds of dollars of adams products jsut sitting there all day while i was in class, i about lost my mind. But they all worked correctly and it was all ok in the end. life is too short to freak out :D

I've had this happen with an order once but I also had it happen with another company where I ordered a DSLR camera that came with a free 2Gb memory card. the memory card is lucky if it would hold 50 photos, AND I also ordered two 32Gb cards along with the camera. They held the order because the free memory card wasn't in stock.

So I ask this, would you rather have your order minus the backordered piece now or wait until the entire order was available?

to me I think send the order out minus the out of stock piece.

to me I think send the order out minus the out of stock piece.

Heres the thing though, and its something we're working on finding a solution to:

What if you order a full kit and clay is on backorder for a couple days? Would you prefer to get your entire kit minus the one thing you need at the very beginning of a detail or would you rather get everything in one shot?

Without the clay you're not going to be able to use the stuff anyways so is there really any benefit to getting the rest of the stuff ahead of time.

Rest assured guys we're working on a solution and overall our ship times have been very quick over the past year, delays are down to almost none, but when something unexpected happens we hit this issue.

Being there firsthand.....

Orders when I am there are filled in the exact order they were received. Whether it's a little, one bottle order, or an Ultimate Kit, it doesn't matter. They get filled in order to protect shipping integrity.

However, there are times like Dylan said, when our suppliers just can't produce fast enough for us, and we will be temporarily out of stock on something. This appears to be the case, and sir, you were not the only person there waiting on clay!

There are times when we do ship the order minus the b/o product, but only when said product we know won't be back in stock for a couple weeks.

Mook

Another option is to check with a local distributor and see if they can process and ship faster.

For me, I charge the same prices, honor the same discounts and my Florida customers get their products the next day, simply because of distance and I process fewer orders than the big boys in Colorado.

+1 on what Mike says....I tend to do the same things for my local customers as well. Take a look at the Dealer Finder on the website and see if there is someone close to you that maintains a good inventory. Many of my customers love being able to get stuff same day!

- Darryl

+1 on what Mike says....I tend to do the same things for my local customers as well. Take a look at the Dealer Finder on the website and see if there is someone close to you that maintains a good inventory. Many of my customers love being able to get stuff same day!

- Darryl

That was how it was with me! I HAD to have my stuff same day, and with the Warehouse being as close in proximity to me as it is...it turned out I showed up enough to start filling boxes for other people instead of me!

:willy::thumbsup:

Heres the thing though, and its something we're working on finding a solution to:

What if you order a full kit and clay is on backorder for a couple days? Would you prefer to get your entire kit minus the one thing you need at the very beginning of a detail or would you rather get everything in one shot?

Without the clay you're not going to be able to use the stuff anyways so is there really any benefit to getting the rest of the stuff ahead of time.

Rest assured guys we're working on a solution and overall our ship times have been very quick over the past year, delays are down to almost none, but when something unexpected happens we hit this issue.

I can't detail my car without a clay?

I do it all the time. ;)

ok, so what if we (the customers) just get better communication. I think that would really solve the problem. For example the OP here said he had to contact Ashley. If someone had called him the following day and said "item X is out of stock, it will be 4 days until it's replaced and the order will be sent out." At that point the problem is really over. well not really a problem but you know what I mean. And if you wanted, you could even give them the choice, do you want everything else sent out now, or do you want to wait until it's all ready to go together?

like you said, the ship times are typically VERY quick so it's not a common issue.

I usually get great communication with them, If you don't receive a tracking number or reciept in a few days after purchase, then shoot them a Email or call.

A small company like Adams that produces and sales a large quantity, can't possibly call every customer that orders to tell them "hey we don't have this today" and bulk shipping only saves the customer money! If you are in a rush for something, let them know, "hey I need my DS and WW yesterday" and they will make the arrangements to help you I am sure.

I think many of us are spoiled with the customer service we are so used to getting from Adams, that when something is off or the shipping crew has an off day we get upset. I for one have done the same thing here recently. But I remind myself, all of the good easy transactions I have had, then I think about who I potentially "could" be dealing with (i.e. another company) and know that they are doing everything they can!

So in short I would say we as a customer, yes we pay premium price for a premium product, but we become stingy about trying to get it.

I do have to say with the op, a week or two could be a bit much without communication, but just remember..... Ash or dylan or anyone else, doesn't have hands on your order after its processed and sent to shipping, therefore they might not get the notice that it could be out of stock. And with all the order they process daily, they would spend more time tracing back who needs what and calling them.

Hey Matt,

Orders generally ship the same day if the order is placed before noon PST, but delays can happen due to items selling out unexpectedly. We had a very strange run on clay which cleared us out ahead of time, some orders had been held for that reason.

We also ask that if you place a very large order you allow 2-3 business days for processing... things like the ultimate kit and similar take time to pack and we want to do our best to ensure they are packed with extreme care... large multi-box shipments seem to go thru the ringer with shipping companies so our guys take a lot more time to pack those to reduce the chances for damage in transit.

If you'd like to shoot me your order number in a PM I'd be happy to look into it for you.

PM'd.It is the ultimate kit + some other things, but it's been almost a week now

As for other vendors, there are none for Michigan. It lists summit racing and some trucking company, neither of which have anything.

Also, the CO shop is really getting efficient. When I started my dealership, it would take 3 weeks to get an order and a lot of items were backordered. It was months before I had Americana in stock. Now I can have a pallet order to my door in under a week. Go Chris, Mook, Guapo and the rest of the team!

Also, the CO shop is really getting efficient. When I started my dealership, it would take 3 weeks to get an order and a lot of items were backordered. It was months before I had Americana in stock. Now I can have a pallet order to my door in under a week. Go Chris, Mook, Guapo and the rest of the team!

:iagree: Yep, the guys are really hitting it now. Glad you got your issue resolved though.

Bruce

Archived