Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detailed: Schwinn Trike

Team Adam's

I couldn't resist doing a writeup for this.

The subject is a couple year old Schwinn trike that Tanner has lost interest in/outgrown. His cousin Liam who comes over to the house pretty often loves to ride it though so its time we give it a new home. Because its been outside almost its whole life though I couldn't send it over in the condition it was in... mini-detail time! :banana:

BEFORE: Main problem was just rusting metal... but there was a fair amount of dirt and grime all over.

3419e9de.jpg

1e998694.jpg

a4cb158a.jpg

88ef41f0.jpg

Started by prepping a mixture of APC and Car Wash to strip clean the entire bike. A boars hair wheel brush and trim & lug nut brush were used to agitate

5053cb68.jpg

a917e42d.jpg

Moved into the shade of the garage to avoid water spots and used the Metro Blaster Sidekick to knock all the water out of the cracks/crevices.

742e9edf.jpg

Even after cleaning the foot pads were a little grimy. Quick fix = Full strength APC and a utility towel to scrub them clean:

d22a72ba.jpg

948ab88a.jpg

Next all the surfaces were clayed using Adam's Clay & Detail Spray as a lube

cd5af298.jpg

Followed up with a quick hand polishing with Revive Polish on a blue Hex Grip applicator

229eedd2.jpg

NOW... my weapons to take on the rusting spokes/fenders - Adam's Metal Polish #1, nutrile gloves, and 0000 steel wool. Residues would be removed using a couple Edgless Utility Towels.

0f455dad.jpg

b804e785.jpg

9cf46116.jpg

Followed with a hand polishing using Metal Polish #2 and BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!!

22555260.jpg

Continued to polish the rest of the trike, including all the spokes, handle bars, and any other chrome trim that was looking dull and rusty.

Once everything was looking greatly improved I treated this little trike to a coat of Americana Paste Wax

3daf4426.jpg

f932ee7a.jpg

A quick application of Super VRT to the seat, grips, and tires

b8edabd2.jpg

AFTER: Not perfect, but vastly improved!

f6d77732.jpg

074ed1bd.jpg

380131b7.jpg

97b0bb8f.jpg

I'll have to hook Liam up with a single soft and 4oz Detail Spray to keep it up :D

3c17e588.jpg

And what Dylan writeup would be complete without the obligatory thumbs up reflection shot (patent pending) :jester:

429bb24d.jpg

Okay Dylan, I'm bringing my one-owner 1969 Schwinn Varsity 10-speed for you to lavish attention upon on Saturday! Wow, did that little trike come out nicely!

Mine isn't in quite that good shape--it's a project for when I'm old... :lol:

No comments from the peanut gallery, PLEASE!

Archived