Customer Service 866.965.0400

It's Finally Happened

Laguna

Well, the GTO got into an accident. Girlfriend was driving it 40 minutes ago heading downtown and she was in the right lane. A car was stopped in the left lane turning into Jewel and this blank in an Escalade swerves to the right to avoid the car stopping and swipes the quarter panel, mirror, driver door, and fender. It's all screwed up.

The Escalade pulls over for 20 seconds and then takes off.

110k miles, 4 years of ownership, my life into detailing the car, never been in an accident.... awesome.

It's never going to look the same now. I put my life into detailing it and always got compliments on how it looks like it has less than 20k miles on it and now I will have nothing but brand new paint next to 110k miles faded paint. It's going to look like a piece of trash now and look like it has 110k.

Well if you come home, I'd say Nethertons in Kankakee. That's where I took my F150 when someone backed into it. That's where the Colorado got the hood repainted. Bill is really nice about everything. They do a really good job with the blending and you'll never notice it. I know you could never notice the F150 got hit.

dang! sorry man. I totally know how you feel. My Jeep has 13K miles on it, is detailed and kept clean all the time and has been hit 3 times. My Honda gets cleaned once a year has 84K miles on it and has never been hit, ever.

holy crap, sorry to hear..

did she get a police report for the hit and run?

Yes she did.

By the way: I will be having an insurance estimator come out this next week and am taking it to a body shop tomorrow for a quote...

well hopefully 5-0 doesn't sit on their hands and finds the d-bags! be sure to press full charges, ppl like that should not be let go free and clear!!!

i'd be cruising that area everyday looking at every escalade i see until i find them!!!

good luck, hopefully your deductible isn't too bad! i doubt they total it. those cars have held there value.

Looks like it is about $2600 in repairs. That includes fully replacing the driver door and they will repaint the whole left side of the car to improve matching quality.

My deductible is $500 and I won't be able to afford that until tax season, so it looks like the car will have to deal with this winter before it is fixed... :\ I hope it's not a bad season. :(

Archived