Customer Service 866.965.0400

MSS removal

LowNslo

Question

I know this has been covered and there are multiple ways to do this. After I polish the car, I add my MSS/MSW to the car and allow it time to cure and dry, I then like to use the technique that dylan used in a video and remove it using the Double Soft towel and the PC on a low setting. I am running into a issue at this point. The MSS/MSW requires Detail Spray to remove completely by hand and has a need for more pressure than I feel needed to keep from causing micro marring, and using the PC with a towel seems to cause micro marring. What are your suggestions?

Both the SS and Double Soft Towels were tested and both were new and free of lint.

9 answers to this question

Are you wiping it down after 30 min? I believe (don't have the bottle in front of me) That you first wipe down after 30 min then wait 24 hrs for the second wipe down. Is it the first wipe down or second that is giving you trouble??

I used to use that technique ever since seeing Adam do the towel and PC on the first volume of videos.

But I just did mine on Saturday and even in a bit of heat and after letting it cure/dry for about 50 minutes it still came off pretty easy just using my hands. I didn't even need to use detail spray.

Are you letting it dry longer than that? Or doing it the direct sun on a hot day? My truck is black so I can't see the panels being any cooler than yours.

this isnt on my particular truck, I did a black mustang in my garage a while back, it was cool, it was on the car for about 45 minutes, it was dry and ready to remove like normal....not saying it was so hard I couldn't get it off without detail spray, just adding that it helped with me using too much pressure to cause the scratches by hand. Mentally I tell myself, the harder you rub the more induced swirls and micro scratches you induce. So I aid my removal with Detail spray......my biggest concern is removing with PC...... is this normal for anyone else or could it be my technique?

I have a question about MSS as well with regards to removing/stripping the MSS. I know which items to mix to remove/strip the MSS, but my question is if too much was applied, or even if the correct amount was applied, how does one know/can tell when all of the MSS has been completely stripped off of the paint?

Thanks,

Same way you'd know with any other LSP... the water won't bead. It'll moreso go flat and kind of stick.

If you do a proper strip wash or IPA wipe down theres no need to test, its gone... if you're just curious if its holding up over time then just observe the waters 'behavior' during the wash.

Same way you'd know with any other LSP... the water won't bead. It'll moreso go flat and kind of stick.

If you do a proper strip wash or IPA wipe down theres no need to test, its gone... if you're just curious if its holding up over time then just observe the waters 'behavior' during the wash.

Thanks Dylan...I wasn't really sure and didn't see that in a search. Sorry for the hi-jack LowNslo.

Archived