Customer Service 866.965.0400

Important Message

musclejunkie

I do not mean to rain on anybody's day or scare anyone, but if you know anyone or have a loved one going through severe depression, please act as if that person is close to committing suicide. If you can find a moment to say a little prayer to the Supreme Detailer in the Sky on behalf of my brother Mike, I would be forever grateful. He is in a psych ward lock down after a failed suicide plan yesterday. My sister was able to intervene by contacting the police on a seperate cell phone, while she was talking to him on her cell. This episode had a positive outcome but was too close for comfort. If you or a loved one are depressed please seek help or drag the person there yourself, which is what I should have done. That is my only regret. Don't make the same mistake. I begged him to seek help for months to no avail. I should have physically dragged him in for help. Thanks so much friends.

Working in medical records I can completely agree with this... there are so many people that try to kill themselves it is unbelievable... if I go through the ER records from one of our hospitals with the psyche ward, there will be > 75% attempted suicides or depression chief complaints.

best of luck man, I know when the weather changes around here a bunch of people get depressed... my suggestion is really simple, get him better lighting in the house with a vast array of color temperature bulbs. The more temps you have going the more it replicated original sunlight and increases serotonin.

Thanks so much everyone for the kind words and prayers. It must have worked because I called him at lunch and he sounds 100% better, in fact better than I have seen in months. The doc changed his meds and it has already made a difference. Keep the thoughts and prayers coming! I realize it is going to be a tough road to recovery, but at least I can see a glimmer of hope. Yesterday was one of the scariest days of my life and I'm sure his, too. Thankyou once again.

Thanks so much everyone for the kind words and prayers. It must have worked because I called him at lunch and he sounds 100% better, in fact better than I have seen in months. The doc changed his meds and it has already made a difference. Keep the thoughts and prayers coming! I realize it is going to be a tough road to recovery, but at least I can see a glimmer of hope. Yesterday was one of the scariest days of my life and I'm sure his, too. Thankyou once again.

Being prescribed the right medicine is 90% of the battle. Personally, finding the right Dr., talking to someone, and finally getting on the right medicine has helped me 100000000% just in the four months I have been on it.

I am ok with talking to people about it, because well, maybe it can help someone else ya know?

Bottom line, our bodies sometimes don't produce what we need to fire on all cylinders. An additive is okay. :2thumbs:

I am more than happy to just be an ear if you need it man, via PM

Mook

Ive been through a few with family members and friends and I am only 21, its a touchy thing to talk about but I believe it has to be. I have had times like that after my father passed and I found that finding a person to talk to and finding that people are really there for you is HUGE. Wild cause actually my entire psychology class yesterday was based on suicide, small world. Glad mook is opening up there for you to talk, gotta talk man, that was my biggest thing, dont keep anything in. Glad to hear your trying to take it positive, help and encouragement is what he needs from you. Chargermatt is right about the bulbs too, that was big for my apartment room, i changed out all of mine with daylight bulbs and that itself helped. if not it really helped or was just in my head, either way it helped. especially with the winter coming on, more important than ever. Prayers go our you and your brother way across lansing man.

Bottom line, our bodies sometimes don't produce what we need to fire on all cylinders. An additive is okay. :2thumbs:

I am more than happy to just be an ear if you need it man, via PM

Mook

Thanks for the offer. I'll take you up on it if the need arises. Love your "bottom line".

My wife's brother did it. He came back from Viet Nam hooked on drugs and messed up in the head. He tried for years to hold a job, he got married and divorced and still couldn't make it in his head. When he moved back home, he did get a job for a while and bought a car, but he kept talking about it, wrote dark poetry about it, and even told my wife goodbye (in a fashion). We tried to get him help, but because he hadn't lived in this town for years nobody would talk to him. So one day, we got the call, and at 38 his life was over. My wife still hasn't forgiven him. It's the anger that she felt, while her parents felt the guilt. Suicide is easy for the person doing it...........it's much tougher on the ones left behind to try and figure out why and what they could have done to prevent it. The answer is you can't do anything. If a person has decided that it's their only option they will succeed.

I wish your brother all the best of luck. I hope he gets all the help he needs to get straight. And we will keep him in our prayers. Let us know how he's doing.

Archived