Customer Service 866.965.0400

IN & OUT Spray

Does the in/out spray come with some sort of an attachement nozzle like WD40 does?? While detailing my chally engine there were places i wanted to detail and could not and the can for the in/out spray is so big i could not wiggle it in the tight spots. An attachement like DW40 would be a great accessory for the in/out spray.

Also why do adams products smell so dam good. Details spray smells almost like bubble gum to me and the under carriage spray smells like grape!! Come on I wanna drink some LOL:lol:

This is the very reason I stopped using I&OS alltogether just this past summer. The overspray in narrow areas, and vica-versa, is a PITA and I finally got sick of it. I spend more time wiping overspray then I do using the product.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.....

An adjustable spray pattern nozzle -just like several of the OTC tire sprays - would be awesome on a product like this. The problems above is the very reason manufacturers came out and introduced the adjustable spray pattern nozzles..... to eliminate overspray and get into tight spots.

I don't understand why Adam's doesn't introduce this small, simple and cheap method.

Awesome product but its fixed [restriced] application method leaves a lot to be desired.... atleast by me.

Ah well....

YEah not sure im washing the chally this weekend but I may pull off the nozzle to see if i can retro fit a DW40 nozzle or something. I really like the product but trying to get that big *** can down into the Hemi...not gonna happen. Which is why i asked about the extended nozzle. Ill let yall know what i find if someone doesnt beat me to it.

stick a straw that comes with other aersol cans on the end and test it out, if you have one! i haven't done this myself, but sounds like a free fix for your problem.

I have found one alternative to the hard to reach places. Using on of the small 4 oz bottle with a spray head, mix SVRT and water 50/50 (shake well). The small size of the bottle allows me to get into places the larger bottle won't allow.

nice tip david! why I love this forum I just keep learning new ideas everyday

No problem. If I remember correctly, the VRT spray was the temporary solution when In and Out spray was being redeveloped a couple of years ago. It has served me well since. I never thought of the issues that Grubrunner brought up because I have always had a bottle of this around.

• 3 weeks later...

Really and I mean REALLY needs some sort of Nozzle like dw40.

Trying to get that can in an engine bay is just not working.

I tried to retro fit a nozzle and no go. I love the stuff but seriously its a pain to work with such a big can. Gonna start doing a 50/50 of SVRT and water in a spray bottle that I can at least set to stream.

With I&O, you don't want to have a close contact direct spray, which a straw would provide. 10 to 12 inches away with sweeping quick shots. Any "overspray" that hits things you don't want can easily be wiped away.

Where's your problem area in the engine bay?

Hoses in the lower part of my engine and the can wont spray at angle if not upright. with a nozzle i can keep the can upright and point the nozzle downward. I had a previous thread about this but wanted to post it here.

Threads merged.

Theres really no reason to start a 2nd thread about the same exact topic. We're looking into it based on previous requests but these things take time... starting 2 threads about it won't get it done any faster.

A couple of concerns we're running into... a tube like attachment doesn't work well. The product gets too concentrated and makes more of a mess of drippy runs than dresses. The option of an adjustable fan is next up, but I don't think that necessarily fixes your issue as you still would need to get the can pointed at the area and it sounds like its out of reach.

Suggestion - have you tried using a paint brush, even one with a longer handled, dipped into a little super vrt? Sometimes there are no easy answers for hard to reach areas.

• 1 month later...

Archived