Customer Service 866.965.0400

Still continue to be impressed by Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner

Team Adam's

Question

So yesterday, after realizing that the carpeting in our house was looking pretty bad I ran out to Home Depot and rented a carpet shampooer. Of course it comes with a gallon of Resolve carpet cleaner concentrate.

I decided to see how much better our stuff would remove carpet grime than this 'professional concentrate' chemical.

In the dirtiest section of carpet (the long hall that leads from the garage into the house) I used the machine, per the directions - 2.3oz of cleaner per 1 gallon of hot water. I even went so far as to do 3 full tanks on just the hallway. The initial tank was filthy, then 2nd slightly better, by the 3rd the machine wasn't pulling up much more than just carpet lint.

On a side note - MAN was this carpet dirty!! :(

I then emptied the tank to do 1 pass over the exact same area using the exact same ratio of cleaner - 2.3oz of chemical to 1 gallon of water, of course this time using Adam's Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner. The idea here being that if the "professional concentrate" had stopped picking up grime then there should be nothing left for ours to get....

Well, I'll let the results below speak for themselves. Each sample was skimmed from the top of the tank before emptying. No time was allowed for settling after each tank.

I think my choice becomes pretty clear... just run the Adam's Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner. Can't imagine how black the water would have been if I did my first pass with it... the 1 pass with our stuff removed more in the 4th run than the Resolve did in the 2nd pass!! Retested the area with a little more of our stuff and the water comes up crystal clear.:cheers:

27396505.jpg

I think you could use it straight in the mixing tank. Problem would be that you would go through it very quickly with an extractor. It wouldn't be cost effective at all. I'm going to pre spray with C&U straight, scrub, the use C&U 4:1 in the mixing tank of my bissel heated little green extractor.

I'm really interested in using C&U in my bissel pro heat, but cutting it 4:1 just seems like it would really affect the cleaning ability. I'm not sure, though? Spraying it straight, agitating, them wiping might be more effective? Opinions please....

Dylan,

Just to set the record straight.

On the 4th pass, did you fill the water tank up with 100% C&UC?

I then emptied the tank to do 1 pass over the exact same area using the exact same ratio of cleaner - 2.3oz of chemical to 1 gallon of water, of course this time using Adam's Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner. The idea here being that if the "professional concentrate" had stopped picking up grime then there should be nothing left for ours to get....

Ed, I'm reading that he used a mix ratio 2.3 oz of CUC per gallon of water. Same ratio used with the Resolve chemical in the previous passes.

PS: Wonder how 1:1 water and C&UC would perform in the gallon tank?

I think it would be a huge waste because you are going to pour half of it out. I'd use whatever amount the machine tells you to use for whatever solution it takes.

What dilution ratio?

I think it's awesome that there's no foam in the "dirty" tank!! :thumbsup:

I have no idea there is a little line that says solution or cleaner (I forget), you fill it to the line and then the rest with hot water.

do you spray the C&U and use a brush prior to the Bissell, or just use the Bissell with the C&U in the tank?

I brush the floors and floor mats, I do not brush the seats (unless there is a heavy stain. I will take the brush and go back over everything though to get the "lines".

today was the day to do the interior of the truck. I put in the amount of C&U cleaner and water marked on the Green Machine.

I started by spraying the C&U cleaner direct on the carpet and worked it with the carpet brush. The carpet looked great before even starting the the Green Machine.

I went over all of the carpet with the Green Machine and used mostly as a vac with a nice brush. When finished I had the feeling that if I had just used water in the tank the results would have been the same.

When finished I had the feeling that if I had just used water in the tank the results would have been the same.

Intersteing, but I definitely feel the C&U in the mixing tank helped the cleaning ability, especially since the little green pro heat does not come close to making the water as hot as a true hot water extractor.

That stuff is totally amazing, my mom spilled about half a glass of red wine on our cream colored couch cushions and the pillows that go with it. She went to grab a rag and a random cleaner and I flipped and told her to get the adams out. She sprayed it, wiped it with a cloth and was amazed that it took out the wine so quick. I think she's going to start buying adams even if it's just for the interior cleaning products! Oh, and I have my best friend as a convert now as well!

i used it to get a dog pee stain out of our comforter. basically put a towel under the comforter before it seeped to the sheets, sprayed the spot with Carpet & Upholestry Cleaner, scrubbed with the interior brush, patted down with a old junk microfiber, and the spot dried and vanished within 10 minutes!!!

one of our dogs gets so excited when i come home from work, she pees herself! anybody hear that new song from Billy Curington, "Like my Dog"

Archived