Customer Service 866.965.0400

Sealants and waxes and cold weather.

bjoeaull

Question

I'm hoping to put a coat of sealant and or wax on my ride before winter really hits. If I'm in my garage what is the lowest temp I should even consider attempting that. Are certain waxes or sealants more cold tolerant when applying than others. I currently have to choose from Quick sealant, machine sealant, and Americana. I really want to try the quick sealant since I just got it! haha. Right now finding a day thats upper 40's to low 50's shouldn't be hard to find. If thats the case how long should I leave them on to cure? I know this has probably been discussed briefly and randomly, but just want to make sure I have it right.

I still need to correct the paint, but at this point thinking of just protecting it this winter and knocking it all out this spring!

14 answers to this question

Have you watched the Quick Sealant video?

For time purposes vs the cold...if all you plan on doing is adding a coat of protection, the Quick Sealant is your best bet.

1/2. Watch Video

1. Shake Well. (The can)

2. Prime Applicator

3. Lightly spray onto surface

4. Use Applicator to even out on surface

5. Wait 5-10 minutes, then remove residue with MF Towel.

i used the new sealant this past saturday. it was about 50-55 cold wind coming in the garage. I let the sealant sit for about 5 minutes and it was still oily or wet looking. it never actually hazed within the 5'ish minutes. I can't wait to apply some more this Friday, because that one coat is looking awesome. Love this stuff for sure.

I washed all three vehicles this past weekend. It was about 45 here. My car already has its winter prep (MSS, two coats of Amer.) but I put a coat of BG on it just because :). The BG hazed up in about 10 minutes. I tried it at 5 but it didnt seem to come off well (left cloudy smearing), so i waited longer.

I put a coat of Americana on my wife's car and daughters car and put the Americana down on the whole car and waited another 5+ minutes before the Americana seemed hazedup enough so I'm guessing it was around 10-15 min wait for each.

I washed all three vehicles this past weekend. It was about 45 here. My car already has its winter prep (MSS, two coats of Amer.) but I put a coat of BG on it just because :). The BG hazed up in about 10 minutes. I tried it at 5 but it didnt seem to come off well (left cloudy smearing), so i waited longer.

I put a coat of Americana on my wife's car and daughters car and put the Americana down on the whole car and waited another 5+ minutes before the Americana seemed hazedup enough so I'm guessing it was around 10-15 min wait for each.

Perfect thanks for taking out the quess work for me. I am counting down the days and hours to get going on the truck this Friday.

I am counting down the days and hours to get going on the truck this Friday.

Tell me about it lol. When I get back home I'm going on a detailing frenzy. Fixing up my truck, my mom's car, my grandfathers 98 buick, my sisters and some others. Only 7 days left now til I'm on the plane back home. Thankfully being in South Carolina I really dont have to worry about it getting too cold.

Detailed a Toyota Sienna Minivan last Friday. I couldn't get the garage I was working in above 50 with most of the time spent in the low to mid 40's. I applied a coat of MSS and cure time at this temp with low humidity was 30 minutes.

i used the new sealant this past saturday. it was about 50-55 cold wind coming in the garage. I let the sealant sit for about 5 minutes and it was still oily or wet looking. it never actually hazed within the 5'ish minutes. I can't wait to apply some more this Friday, because that one coat is looking awesome. Love this stuff for sure.

You need to let the Sealant sit 20-30 minutes, a little longer if its cold.

Used some more of my new favorite product this passed weekend.

Maybe I am expecting the haze to be more like the glaze, because I couldn't seam to tell it was hazing.

I let it sit for a good 20-30 minutes and it still looked a little oily. I probably used to much.

Works like a dream...... Love the shine. Water beads off like no other.

Sealant, Glaze and 2 coats of Americana has the wires truck looking ridiculously awesome.

Archived