Customer Service 866.965.0400

USA Oil Anyone?!

Adam

This email was forwarded by a friend, Brion Nelson, a fireman in Southern California. Thanks Brion!:patriot:

Oil A nyone?

As you may know, Cruz Construction started a division in North Dakota just 6 months ago. They send every Kenworth (9 trucks) we had here in Alaska to North Dakota and several drivers. They just bought two new Kenworth's to add to that fleet; one being a Tri-Drive tractor and a new 65 ton lowboy to go with it. They also bought two new cranes (one crawler & one rubber tired) for that division.

Dave Cruz said they have moved more rigs in the last 6 months in ND than Cruz Construction moved in Alaska in the last 6 years.

Williston is like a gold rush town; they moved one of our 40 man camps down there since there are no rooms available.

Unemployment in ND is the lowest in the nation at 3.4 percent last I checked.

See anything in the national news about how the oil industry is fueling North Dakota's economy?

Here's an astonishing read. Important and verifiable information:

About 6 months ago, the writer was watching a news program on oil and one of the Forbes Bros. was the guest.

The host said to Forbes, "I am going to ask you a direct question and I would like a direct answer; how much oil does the U.S. have in the ground?" Forbes did not miss a beat, he said, "more than all the Middle East put together."

The U. S. Geological Service issued a report in April 2008 that only scientists and oil men knew was coming, but man was it big. It was a revised report (hadn't been updated since 1995) on how much oil was in this area of the western 2/3 of North Dakota, western South Dakota, and extreme eastern Montana.

Check THIS out:

The Bakken is the largest domestic oil discovery since Alaska's Prudhoe Bay, and has the potential to eliminate all American dependence on foreign oil. The Energy Information Administration (EIA) estimates it at 503 billion barrels. Even if just 10% of the oil is recoverable( 5 billion barrels), at $107 a barrel, we're looking at a resource base worth more than $5.3 trillion.

"When I first briefed legislators on this, you could practically see their jaws hit the floor.

They had no idea." says Terry Johnson, the Montana Legislature's financial analyst.

"This sizable find is now the highest-producing onshore oil field found in the past 56 years," reports The Pittsburgh Post Gazette.

It's a formation known as the Williston Basin, but is more commonly referred to as the 'Bakken.' It stretches from Northern Montana, through North Dakota and into Canada.

For years, U. S. oil exploration has been considered a dead end. Even the 'Big Oil' companies gave up searching for major oil wells decades ago. However, a recent technological breakthrough has opened up the Bakken's massive reserves, and we now have access of up to 500 billion barrels. And because this is light, sweet oil, those billions of barrels will cost Americans just $16 PER BARREL! That's enough crude to fully fuel the American economy for 2041 years straight.

And if THAT didn't throw you on the floor, then this next one should - because it's from 2006!

U. S. Oil Discovery - Largest Reserve in the World Stansberry Report Online - 4/20/2006

Hidden 1,000 feet beneath the surface of the Rocky Mountains lies the largest untapped oil reserve in the world.

It is more than 2 TRILLION barrels. On August 8, 2005 President Bush mandated its extraction. In three and a half years of high oil prices none has been extracted.

With this Motherload of oil why are we still fighting over off-shore drilling?

They reported this stunning news:

We have more oil inside our borders, than all the other proven reserves on earth.

Here are the official estimates:

8 times as much oil as Saudi Arabia

18 times as much oil as Iraq

21 times as much oil as Kuwait

22 times as much oil as Iran

500 times as much oil as Yemen and it's all right here in the Western United States!

HOW can this BE? HOW can we NOT BE extracting this? Because the environmentalists and others have blocked all efforts to help America become independent of foreign oil! Again, we are letting a small group of people dictate our lives and our economy.

WHY?

James Bartis, lead researcher with the study says we've got more oil in this very compact area than the entire Middle East, more than 2 TRILLION barrels untapped. That's more than all the proven oil reserves of crude oil in the world today, reports The Denver Post.

Don't think 'OPEC' will drop its price even with this find? Think again! It's all about the competitive marketplace, it has to.

Think OPEC just might be funding the environmentalists?

Got your attention yet? Now, while you're thinking about it, do this:

Pass this along. If you don't take a little time to do this, then you should stifle yourself the next time you complain about gas prices, by doing NOTHING, you forfeit your right to complain.

Now I just wonder what would happen in this country if every one of you sent this to every one in your address book.

By the way, this can be verified. Check it out at the link below!

http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=1911

Cruz Construction:

http://www.cruzconstruct.com/services.php

“One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferior” Plato

Edited by Adam

I got this email awhile back and did some digging, also ran by a friend who does contract work for the as a private contractor to the USGS, he directed me to the snopes article below. Appears to be some truth and some exaggeration, mainly centered around the quantity of oil that can be recovered.

The "503 billion barrels" was based on old USGS from 2000... the updated survey from 2008 puts the amount closer to 3.65 billion barrels. The US imports something like 10million barrels of oil a day so based on the current USGS theres about 1 years worth of recoverable oil... not nearly the 503 billion barrels that the original reports suggest.

snopes.com: Bakken Formation

Too bad its not true... the $100+ fill-ups are painful.

Edited by Dylan@Adams

The Bakken formation has more than Snopes lets on. See the WSJ interview with Harold Hamm the oil man, he puts it at 24 billion barrels. The Rocky Mountain shale deposits are not part of that formation and have a reported 1.5+ trillion barrels in it.

The Weekend Interview with Harold Hamm: How North Dakota Became Saudi Arabia - WSJ.com

See also:

Power To Spare - Investors.com

and:

A Shale Of A Difference - Investors.com

Here's a graphic from the above editorial, notice the energy formations shown are all on land and in the continental US. We have a monstrous pile of energy in this country waiting to be extracted. The jobs in this field are high paying whether it's for petroleum engineers or non skilled roughnecks. The one thing standing in the way is politics.

ISSoil_110218.png.cms

I know some will say "Paul you wouldn't want this in your back yard." Yeah I would, I'll take the royalties thank you. We should make recovering this energy a national priority. We would enrich ourselves from taxes on land sales, payrolls, supplies, etc. plus we'd gut the unemployment rate. What's not to like? It is as simple as drill baby drill. :patriot:

If you think your gas and expenses are bad ... these poor bastards going to work in ND are getting raped daily by local people trying to cash in without working the patch. According to people I used to work with who have now gone to ND to chase the almight $

A family friend owns Brad Penn Oil. Based in PA. Another friend has oil in NY. There's plenty around. My parent's farm just got listed as a being on a major shale. We just gotta heat it up and in a few years be pumpin our own (not gonna happen)!

Either way, we need to boost GDP and stop relying on foreign sources for oil. Better yet, there are a bunch of better options. Natural Gas is a much cheaper, cleaner fuel. It'd be nice to start running cars on hydrogen as well.

Good find Adam!

i love it when this subject comes up... mostly because i'm a petroleum engineer.

my wife is a recruiter for the oil & gas industry, and A LOT of her commission has come from finding people willing to work in Williston, ND to develop the Bakken. these guys are getting paid boat loads to work there. it's equivilent to the salary you could make working international with all the benefits, except you stay in the U.S.

if you look at oil prices today, you will see a huge gap between WTI oil, and Brent oil prices. most refineries are located on the shore so that it is easy to import & refine foreign oil, and that foreign oil is being sold at Brent prices, so most of your gas prices today come from that, not the old standard, WTI. one of the reasons WTI is much cheaper than Brent is because of the recent increase in supply domestically. the higher the supply, the lower the price per barrel. but the problem is the only refineries buying oil at that price, are landlocked refineries, buying oil from the Permian Basin, Bakken, and other landlocked domestic oil fields.

the problem is we do not make enough oil per day domestically to fuel our needs, and probably never will. an oil well does not make a flat rate of oil per day, it declines over time. we currently can only drill fast enough to keep our total production flat. but when they stop drilling, it will start to decline.

however we could very easily start to shift from gasoline over to CNG by just building cars equipped with new fuel systems (because most engines already can run on CNG) and building new gas stations. natural gas is abundant domestically, we can produce enough of it to fuel the nation for the next 100+ years without ever seeing another drop of foreign oil, and it is cleaner burning than gasoline.

Edited by 2010TexasEdition

Marcellas has been drilling in our area for several years. Would I care if they drilled on my property? Or close to my house? I'm not sure. I've seen what they bring. Jobs, yes. But noise from their trucks, bad roads from the trucks, polluted water and runoff. Yes you can potentially make some money........but at what cost?

• 6 months later...

Couple of comments, first a question, if we aren't producing enough oil to met our needs, why are we shipping oil out of the country? Next, I thought it was great when they started drilling for natural gas here in PA, but of course the government couldn't keep their greedy little hands out of the till. I live in an area that the gas companies came in an provided a ton of good paying jobs, and money to the area but our state and local governments had no rest until the hammered these companies with tax increases, they weren't satisfied with increase tax revenue from employees, sales tax, and living expense taxes. Guess what, the gas companies have moved out of the area for the most part, taking their jobs, and money with them....now we are hearing government officials whine about lose of revenue....maybe they should stop being greedy and try living with the revenue they get. Also, we have seen a lot of bad stuff getting blamed to the gas companies that simply isn't accurate, not that they haven't created some problems, but they have also fixed a lot of the problems like bad roads, so even if you have oil or gas on your property, don't count your chickens before they hatch, because if you would happen to strike it rich, believe me, your neighbors who don't have oil or gas on their property will complain about the noise, pollution, and anything else they can think of, because they can't get their hands in the till...I've seen it happen here over and over again.

We (USA) only has 2% of the worlds oil reserves and use 25%. Why do we export oil $ money. The oil company's don't care about who buys there oil as long as they are making profits. Record profits at that. It's a global market and we buy and sell at the world oil price. Large cooperations are not beholden to the people of this country only to there stock holders. Have a nice day and welcome to what is becoming a third world country. Sad but true.