Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Winter Washing Tutorial

Team Adam's

Question

Updated for 2011 - a complete instructional video with the man himself on how to best care for your car using a coin op wash during cold winter months.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sv4KthAFTs]Adam's Premium Car Care Winter Washing Tips - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Dylan@Adams

Awesome video.. always love them.

Adam, how did that machine run with your debit? Seemed like you had the gun off and on. How did it charge you?

The one I frequent is $2 and runs constantly for 4 minutes unless you put in more money, so I'm interested to see how that charged you.

Same for me...must be the codec of the video. I have every codec known to man on my computer too. It has to be the video but whatever it is its weird.

Ditto for me. The music at the beginning plays out both speakers, but when Adam starts to talk only the left.

Awesome video.. always love them.

Adam, how did that machine run with your debit? Seemed like you had the gun off and on. How did it charge you?

The one I frequent is $2 and runs constantly for 4 minutes unless you put in more money, so I'm interested to see how that charged you.

I've been to that wash when I've been in town to visit Adam and it just runs continuously once you swipe the card and charges in something like 5 minute intervals. Good motivation to keep moving :D

Ditto for me. The music at the beginning plays out both speakers, but when Adam starts to talk only the left.

Very strange. Due to the size of this video we're giving Vimeo Pro a try... Youtube wouldn't take the video at the length and size it was. Not sure if its something with Vimeo or not, I used the same process I always do, although this video was shot with a wireless mic so I wonder if the sound was captured in mono.

almost makes me wanna wash my truck during the winter:lol: im banking on the americana to hold up as much as possible and spend a great while when the snow is gone on it. all that one bucket washing and such from quick washes put the swirls back into it lol.

Yeah that would suck! Especially if you live in a apartment with no access to a water supply.

This is geared toward those without access to a water supply and/or pressure washer....otherwise, I know I'm not putting my money in a machine when I already pay for it at the house, haha!

This is exactly the situation we are in. Apartment living and no water access. And yeah, it sucks!

So Adam, thanks for taking the time to make this video for folks living in rough climates and the water challenged:thumbsup:. You can never have too many good tips on car care.

just watched it again...makes me wish i had a small car. it takes me a methodical 2 hours to just wash the truck as the video showed. now i remember why i really dont wash the truck in the winter....id be FROZEN after 20 minutes vs. 2 hours! :lol: laserwash here i come until its at least above 40.

EDIT: if i fit in the local laserwash that is :willy:

Finally got a chance to watch this video.

As usual, the production and material was professional, thorough, and entertaining. Thanks Adam. :2thumbs:

Now I'm just glad in Atlanta I can usually wash in my driveway. I've never used a car wash like that. Hmmmm, might have to try that out in Jan-Feb.

Dylan do you hear Adam speaking on both speakers?

Edit... playing with my balance right now to see if I have any issues.

Edit #2 - yep... if I turn my balance all the way to the right channel I get no Adam... weird.

Oh well... those of you working with only a right channel (not sure why you would) theres nothing I can do for you. The source video track is the same.

Edited by Dylan@Adams

The YouTube link in op doesn't work for me (off my phone at least atm) Very interested in watching since I'm in the north east. I'll try searching for it

Edit. Searched and found on YouTube. Not sure why the link doesn't work

sent from your HTC Rezound

Everything seems to work on my end. Great video that was very helpful for me last year. Remember to be courteous to other customers that may be waiting in line (especially if there is a sign that says "no bucket washing allowed").

On a side note, the video mentions no power for the metrovac. I haven't done much research but maybe a battery operated version could prove helpful in these situations (if they exist).