Customer Service 866.965.0400

I think I went crazy with the metal polish...

the1inblue

Question

So my girlfriend step father,Joe is a service manager at a Mack truck dealership. They sell new and used 18 wheeler trucks. They also service the trucks. Well a guy brought in a truck in to be serviced. He wanted the aluminum wheels and fuel tanks polished back close to their original look. Well they sent the wheels off to a company and when they return the wheels look horrible. I got to thinking about it and told Joe that I would try and see what Adam's metal polish could do with the wheels. Well I only had like two ounces left so I attempted to do one wheel today. The wheels is 24.5 inches tall! Crazy big! So I attempted by hand with a microfiber applicator pad and well there was a difference but not to my satisfaction. So I tried the drill and a white focus pad. Still not like I wanted it. So I moved to a orange pad which is all I had left in my bag. It made a good difference. I got about the 70% of the wheel done. Here's where I need help. Do you guys think the MP#2 will make anymore of a difference and should I do another pass with a green focus pad? Here are the pics I took today. Any advice would be appreciated!

Before

2011-12-19_12-56-46_704.jpg

After

2011-12-19_12-55-51_821.jpg

Side by Side

2011-12-19_12-57-17_28.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I have a pretty keen eye and can definitely see a difference in the 2 :).

Thanks Frid, Maybe me looking at them for so long I dont see it as much, however I do kinda see a difference now that I havent been working on them. I will say it takes awhile to polish out a 24.5 inch rim thats in this bad of shape. :help:

Now you only have NINE more rims to do!!! :help:

And TWO freaking massive fuel tanks!!!!:D

Lol, close. Just doing the outer rims. So I got three wheels to go, two massive fuel tanks and another small tank that im not sure what is lol. Glad this job is paying well!

Well finished the job today. Here are some before and after pictures of the fuel tanks. Forgot to take pictures of the front rims. There will be more pics to come later. I spenr a total of 11 hours of working on all this. All the mechanics were super impressed on the turn around. I trashed 2 green focus pads and one yellow pc pad. Tools used were a drill ,the PC, and a dozen or so cheap microfiber towels. Also used a couple hand microfiber applicators for hard to reach areas.

Before

a6f845a9-7ebd-ea4d.jpg

a6f845a9-7f0d-cdb3.jpg

After

a6f845a9-7f21-3497.jpg

a6f845a9-7f34-5a36.jpg

a6f845a9-7f47-ad2b.jpg

a6f845a9-7f56-b446.jpg

a6f845a9-7f66-8190.jpg

a6f845a9-7f74-fce1.jpg

a6f845a9-7f87-5c27.jpg

That would be the biggiest detail ever for me lol..I think ill pass lol.

Well, maybe not a full correction, but a good wash/wax detail of everything might be kind of fun. :)

I agree, a full correction would be tedious, kind of like 11hrs of polishing wheels and fuel tanks. Blech. ;)

Just think of Adam getting that order for the Coke trucks. Now THAT'S a big detail job.

Archived