Customer Service 866.965.0400

Interior towels

bigaudiofanatic

Question

17 answers to this question

I use my old bulk micros from NAPA and Walmart. They work just fine and are useless for anything else.

Only caution I have on using the cheapo towels on the interior - be careful using them near the glass or on the dashboard - the lint/fibers from the cheapo towels will end up being visible for any OCD types! :help:

:cheers:

I use a combination of the black towels and the waterless towels depending on what I'm working on.

This is the exact method I used tonight. I used the black towels on the door jambs and around the engine/trunk areas. Then I used the blue waterless towels for the rest. They both worked perfectly. In fact, I even used the waterless wash to spray down the door jambs, hood, trunk areas before I wiped them down. My car is only four weeks old, so I don't have a huge build up of grime in any of these areas, but I intend to keep it that way! The waterless wash was also great on my brite clutch pedal, gas and brake pedals. It just made cleaning these areas so much easier. PLUS- it smells great, too! :rockon:

Over the years I have found the only 100% effective way for me to completely OCD clean my interior is with white Microfiber towels. Similar to those Americana white towels adams had a few years ago. short nap one one side, meduim on the other side. When you use white towels , especially for cleaning , you know when you are done removing dirt from seats, dash's and carpets.

I was amazed to find out that I was never fully cleaning my interior till I went with all white towels. Everywhere I used to do 1 pass, not took 2 or 3 before it was completely clean. Keep in mind, my cars get very low usage and I try hard to keep them clean.

Many of you will think its not that big of a deal or difference in using whatever towel for simple interior work, but I dare any of you to challenge yourself and try this out.

I use:

-the black MF for the door jams, and some of the interior surfaces

-red interior applicators and LIC for most interior surfaces like the dash board, steering column, etc.,

-red interior applicators, LIC, and LC for the leather seats and arm rests plus the Adam's detail brush and a toothbrush for the seams of the leather panels

-carpet brush for the carpets and a toothbrush for the small carpeted spots like around the seat rails

-green towels for the windows and nav screen

-my fingers on the instrument cluster clear plastic

-a little horse hair detail brush and the Adams boar's hair detail brush for the cracks and crevices

I have a separate detail brush (sharpie-marked) for the exterior and interior so I don't transfer exterior grime to the interior.

Only caution I have on using the cheapo towels on the interior - be careful using them near the glass or on the dashboard - the lint/fibers from the cheapo towels will end up being visible for any OCD types! :help:

:cheers:

:iagree: I just can't see using cheeps towels on my cars. I can just see my door jambs all scratched up. I know no one else will notice but I will and will bug me to no end.

Archived