Customer Service 866.965.0400

mechanic crud on car

xlr8rvette

Question

Today had new battery and oil pressure guage installed. Mechanic got greasy hands all over fender. I always tell them not to wash Vette. Question is will this hurt the wax if leave it on for a few days? Vette will be in garage and I am busy til Saturday morning.

Being OCD as I am will likely find a way to wash tomorrow. Curious if waiting would hurt.

Thank you

13 answers to this question

As long as it's just grease I'd think it would be fine. However, if there's any possibility of battery acid or anything caustic/acidic, I'd remove it immediately. Personally, if it was me, I'd have to find the time to get that off of there before Saturday.

See...you're my kind of OCD!!! That's what I'd do, Bill. This is the only downside to owning a very nice car. You are at the mercy of some people who will never treat your car with the respect that it deserves or with a level of caution that even remotely approaches your own. I can think of little else that would make me sad than to see a 'vette with that sloppy greasy print defacing it!

............. I can think of little else that would make me sad than to see a 'vette with that sloppy greasy print defacing it!

Hey Lyn, Can you hold the flashlight for me to wash the Vette .....Yes, I know its 10:25 pm, but IRUNOFT said there is sloppy, greasy print defacing the Vette. Put your warm robe on !.......NOW !!!

why not a quick detail spray wipe off until you have more time?

Considerred that , however, black car with fair amount of dust at the moment from sitting in garage. Washed a week ago but in garage for past 4 days. Besides want to put a coat of Brilliant Glaze on. Polished and waxed 3 weeks ago and purposely deferred the glaze for a few weeks. Will glaze after wash.

Archived