Customer Service 866.965.0400

Chamois/Towel wringer...........

Mark L

Question

Does anyone have a chamois/towel wringer?

I'm looking to get one, as my Dad has trouble wringing out the drying towels due to his elbow problems.

I've been researching them for the past few hours and man are they expensive!

I've pretty found that it's Dynajet and not much else.

I found these 2 links, one is a consumer version, the other a more heavy duty commercial version:

http://www.amazon.com/Dynajet-BL-38-Chamois-Towel-Wringer/dp/B000BAT5Z0/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header

http://www.amazon.com/Dynajet-Bl44-Commercial-Chamois-Wringer/dp/B00126DBPC

Good news is they're both MADE IN THE USA, but they're both expensive.

So anyways, anyone out there who has one or can provide any input, I'd appreciate it (a forum search provided nothing on the subject at hand).

Thanks everyone

I thought the bucket idea might be a less expensive answer. Those are in the $20 range and you might find better ones at a little high price. Maybe a local janitorial company

would have some options you could actually try.

I just read this thread and it had me scratching my melon.

I re-read the whole thing again and now I'm palming my forehead.

Anyway....

I'll just throw this suggestion out there as I'm not [really] sure if it has already been -

Rather than spending the [crazy] dollars for a towel wringer [had no idea one even existed or that there was a market for the like], why not buy some more drying towels like Adam's Great White Microfiber Drying Towel? Isn't that a [much] cheaper alternative? Not to mention having the extra towel/s at hand....?

Just saying....

I just read this thread and it had me scratching my melon.

I re-read the whole thing again and now I'm palming my forehead.

Anyway....

I'll just throw this suggestion out there as I'm not [really] sure if it has already been -

Rather than spending the [crazy] dollars for a towel wringer [had no idea one even existed or that there was a market for the like], why not buy some more drying towels like Adam's Great White Microfiber Drying Towel? Isn't that a [much] cheaper alternative? Not to mention having the extra towel/s at hand....?

Just saying....

I get what you're saying, but again, this is something my Dad requested.......... as he has bad elbows and cannot wring out the towels and chamois he uses. I can't always be there to wring them out, and hanging up soaking wet towels to dry would take forever.

After he's done drying his truck, the towels are soaking wet. My Dad can be very stubborn and knowing him, he wouldn't use multiple towels anyways.

I just started this thread hoping someone on the forum had one and could chime in. It seems no one has one of these.

As Dylan mentioned, it would be cool to use this wringer for the pads after washing them out. Those pads retain water like crazy.

I'd almost like to have one more for pads than towels, run a wet PC pad thru the ringer after cleaning to squeeze out the water. We'll look into them... perhaps we can find a less expensive alternative made in the US.

Awesome!

The more expensive one is a commercial version, I'd imagine the consumer version would be suitable.

I found one for $120, not bad:

Chamois Wringer, Powder-Coated Black Finish - Dultmeier Sales

I thought the bucket idea might be a less expensive answer. Those are in the $20 range and you might find better ones at a little high price. Maybe a local janitorial company

:iagree:

Sounds like a good place to begin. Once worked part time in a service station and they did hand car washes. We had an old Maytag washer and a powered wringer. That would be ideal for your father.

Leaning towards this one here:

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

It's also MADE IN THE USA :patriot:

Seems to be the cheapest route overall with shipping.

Seller has flawless feedback and said he's had his 10 years now and it's still going strong.

Kind of reminds me of a pasta machine (homemade lasagna - yum).

Will your dad's elbows negatively affect his ability to turn the crank?

The crank can be moved to either right handed or left handed.

His elbow hurts when twisting, not when turning a crank.

That was a great find, I'd have to see one in person though before I got it.

I read over all the reviews and they stated the welds were prone to crack and that you had to raise one foot nearly 12'' off the ground while holding the other foot onto the metal tab, thus creating an awkward motion. A lot of people said they thought the welds were going to crack on any given motion :(

You could probably make one using a couple rolling pins for less than $20.00

I thought about that, but the crank portion would most likely have to be welded on and I don't know how to weld :(

By the time I searched and bought the parts and all, I'd probably be close to $100 anyways

It's been mentioned already but have you taught your father the pooling rinse technique? Obviously a nice coat of protection needs to be there for it to be effective.

That could really save some time and money AND pain.

It's been mentioned already but have you taught your father the pooling rinse technique? Obviously a nice coat of protection needs to be there for it to be effective.

That could really save some time and money AND pain.

Trust me, I've tried to get him to wash properly, it's a lost cause, he thinks I'm just being overprotective of the paint.

He about killed me the other day when he went over the wheel and then the tire and then he went back to the paint with the wash mit :help:

He's very stubborn, but then when he has a scratch, I'm the one who takes it out

I'm trying to get him to watch the latest DVD, but it's not happening

I try and get my entire family to wash properly, but it's a lost cause as well.

That's why I'm adamant about washing the entire fleet by myself. It may take a long time by myself, but it gets done correctly.

Yeah one would assume, but I'd like to get Adam's input on whether he thinks it would hurt the waffle weave design.

If it's good with him, then I'll probably end up buying one of these, as I do a lot of washing and this would be a cool toy for me to use as well as practical one for my Dad.

Thanks, and the Great White Drying Towels are not really effective when really wet. Seems the combo of compressed air, plus a towel is the magic. As soon as the car is driven down the road, water pours out of the cracks, regardless of how dry a towel is/ was.

The wringer shouldn't hurt the towel, rather, it just won't make it dry a surface perfect once wet.

I hope this explains it, and again thanks!:thumbsup:

Thanks, and the Great White Drying Towels are not really effective when really wet. Seems the combo of compressed air, plus a towel is the magic. As soon as the car is driven down the road, water pours out of the cracks, regardless of how dry a towel is/ was.

The wringer shouldn't hurt the towel, rather, it just won't make it dry a surface perfect once wet.

I hope this explains it, and again thanks!:thumbsup:

Thanks Adam

I didn't get around to purchasing one yet, but I appreciate the feedback.

I like the idea, but can't for the life of me figure out how they justify that pricing? There has to be something I'm missing about the design thats either very complicated or expensive to manufacture.

$180 for something that isn't much more than a pair of rollers and a hand crank seems excessive.

Cranking up the 'Way Back' machine is expensive!

SuperStock_1895-5574.jpg

And while you are time traveling, don't forget the lube:

Franklin

I'd almost like to have one more for pads than towels, run a wet PC pad thru the ringer after cleaning to squeeze out the water. We'll look into them... perhaps we can find a less expensive alternative made in the US.

sounds promising... i often just wrap a couple sheets of paper towels around applicator pads to squeeze water out of them. the paper towels absorb A LOT of water, and i can get a pro tire or americana applicator nearly dry after washing it with APC and rinsing it with water.

for my PC pads, i lay the paper towels flat on the counter and press the pads onto the paper towels, so i don't tear the foam near the velcro. works pretty well and cuts hours off of dry time

I like the idea, but can't for the life of me figure out how they justify that pricing? There has to be something I'm missing about the design thats either very complicated or expensive to manufacture.

$180 for something that isn't much more than a pair of rollers and a hand crank seems excessive.

I agree Dylan I checked them out on line a while back and the prices were just crazy. Must not be much call for them these days.

The OP should also try the sheet rinse 90% of the water just roles off. As most know here.

Yeah I know, that's what I said too.

If you look at the comment left by the buyer on the more expensive Amazon link above, he states he couldn't get over the price, but the quality is exceptional and his Dad loves the thing.

i used one at the coin op wash i used to have to wash my cars at. it looked just like the 2nd one you posted.

nothing wrong with using one of these, it just squeezes out most of the water so you can continue to use the same towel to dry. IMO, its cheaper to buy 3 or 4 extra drying towels ;)

Agreed, plus the fact of the matter is my Dad has trouble wringing out the towels anyways, so this is basically a necessity............ as he can't just hang up soaking wet towels to dry

I just want to know if it's safe to use the Adam's towels in these machines.

Archived