Customer Service 866.965.0400

My 09 Ram with Borla Turbo XL

InDepthAutoDetailing

I really wanted to get the Borla Cat-Back system for my truck but at just over a grand it was a little out of budget. So yesterday I got to wondering what muffler comes with that system. Looked it up and it turns out it's the Turbo XL. Went to the Borla site and it turns out there is a dealer in Athens (about 40 minutes away). I called him and he had it in stock and would install it for $200. I couldn't get to Athens fast enough. While I was there I let them tint my two front windows for $60.

Anyway here's a video of what she sounds like. It was a little windy but you'll get the idea. Now if I can keep my foot out of it.:burnout:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px;">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2UE67gI1OA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="360" width="640"></object>

It's cool. He did my 07 GMC but I had my Ford done at Athens Muffler. If you ever get a full custom exhaust he does a much better job than Thumpers. I actually had Joey (@thumpers) do a direct swap on my stock muffler for a Magnaflow SI/SO. Decided it wasn't loud enough and wanted to go with a SI/DO. Turns out when they cut the stock muffler off which has its own hanger they never added one back for the magnaflow so there were no hangers between the exhaust manifold and the rear axle. When Athens cut the pipe the whole exhaust fell off. I guess I must have been staring off into space before because I sure would have made them replace that hanger had I noticed.

Just my experience..Look forward to hearing yours in person!

sounds great!... for a dodge :loser:

i wish chevy would make a stock dual setup like the dodge :(

No kidding and they have factory polished tips with cutouts in the bumper to complete the look with everything they need. If we want duals we gotta buy tips DO muffler or a splitter and run the pipes. shouldve bought a dodge lol. Nice truck.

It's cool. He did my 07 GMC but I had my Ford done at Athens Muffler. If you ever get a full custom exhaust he does a much better job than Thumpers. I actually had Joey (@thumpers) do a direct swap on my stock muffler for a Magnaflow SI/SO. Decided it wasn't loud enough and wanted to go with a SI/DO. Turns out when they cut the stock muffler off which has its own hanger they never added one back for the magnaflow so there were no hangers between the exhaust manifold and the rear axle. When Athens cut the pipe the whole exhaust fell off. I guess I must have been staring off into space before because I sure would have made them replace that hanger had I noticed.

Just my experience..Look forward to hearing yours in person!

Drive over anytime or I might be coming back your way soon. I think they messed up on the tint. It appears to have trash under it.

Drive over anytime or I might be coming back your way soon. I think they messed up on the tint. It appears to have trash under it.

seems this is pretty common! having to have tint redone that is.

when we bought my truck there was a scratch underneath the tint on the glass. dealer replaced the glass under warranty and re tinted both sides because there were a bunch of bubbles also.

when we bought my wife's car, a 5 year old could've done a better job! i took it back 2 times to get fixed until finally i was satisfied. on the 3rd attempt they split a stitch in the leather armrest. luckily the dealer said it was no problem and replaced the armrest under warranty.

Man I wish you woulda called! I know you said it was spur of the moment but I could have gave ya a heads up. Their tint jobs have been getting worse. My bosses truck is starting to have the tint come off on his passenger window. There is a shop in decatur that I have used numerous times. If you don't still have my number PM me and I'll give it to you. I'm sure Thumpers will attempt to make it right though.

• 2 weeks later...
I really wanted to get the Borla Cat-Back system for my truck but at just over a grand it was a little out of budget. So yesterday I got to wondering what muffler comes with that system. Looked it up and it turns out it's the Turbo XL. Went to the Borla site and it turns out there is a dealer in Athens (about 40 minutes away). I called him and he had it in stock and would install it for $200. I couldn't get to Athens fast enough. While I was there I let them tint my two front windows for $60.

Anyway here's a video of what she sounds like. It was a little windy but you'll get the idea. Now if I can keep my foot out of it.:burnout:

<OBJECT style="WIDTH: 640px; HEIGHT: 390px">

&nbsp

&nbsp

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2UE67gI1OA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="360" width="640"></OBJECT>

Excellent sounding. Having just got a 2012 Dodge Outdoorsman truck and not knowing much about it yet, would a system like this work on my truck?

Would you happen to know if it would void the warranty because everything the dealership I got my truck from, sells, they tell me if I add it to the truck it will void the warranty. Even if I put air shocks or a leveling kit on it.

Long story but only having the truck less than a month, it's spent more time in the shop than I have driven it. :explode::confused::jawdrop:

It's got more grease on the drivers door, steering wheel and floor mats from the mechanic than it has in the oil pan. :mad:

Excellent sounding. Having just got a 2012 Dodge Outdoorsman truck and not knowing much about it yet, would a system like this work on my truck?

Would you happen to know if it would void the warranty because everything the dealership I got my truck from, sells, they tell me if I add it to the truck it will void the warranty. Even if I put air shocks or a leveling kit on it.

Long story but only having the truck less than a month, it's spent more time in the shop than I have driven it. :explode::confused::jawdrop:

It's got more grease on the drivers door, steering wheel and floor mats from the mechanic than it has in the oil pan. :mad:

Bill I'm not sure what would be involved on the Outdoorsman but mine already had duals after the muffler. So I just had the Borla Turbo XL installed. Eventually it'll get headers and dual exhaust all the way back.

As for warranty, read this on the Borla site! Just scroll down to "Will it void my factory warranty?"

Frequently Asked Questions - BORLA® - The World's Most Winning Exhaust

Also the dealer would have to prove the mod you've added caused the problem. They couldn't deny warranty on a leaking radiator if you put a CAI on it. Unless of course you punched a hole in it.

As for the problems you're having, whatever they may be, I hope they get it fixed soon. I've been very lucky in all my new car purchases.

Hope this helps you out. Just remember, once you start modding, it's a sickness. I'm just getting started.:2thumbs:

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Had my tint done on the Camaro at Xtreme tint in Madison on 72 by Hughes (next to Arby's sorta). $209 for the mid grade.

Wonder if they can do anything for the honda-esque tones I get out of my Camaro. The loudmouth and the SLP's are the only ones' I've found that sound beefy but they come with some drone.

Had my tint done on the Camaro at Xtreme tint in Madison on 72 by Hughes (next to Arby's sorta). $209 for the mid grade.

Wonder if they can do anything for the honda-esque tones I get out of my Camaro. The loudmouth and the SLP's are the only ones' I've found that sound beefy but they come with some drone.

Bob I've never been a fan of the way a V6 sounds. But I did find this for you.

2010 Camaro V6 with Borla Pro XS mufflers added. - YouTube

Not bad for a V6.

Archived