Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Shipping Prices & Packaging

In this world of free internet shipping, we might be somewhat spoiled. I've read a few recent posts by forum members who seemed to balk somewhat at the shipping costs and even debated placing orders with Adam's because of the shipping. I will admit that a few thousand dollars ago, when I placed my first order, I was kinda bummed to see that I had to pay for shipping.

However, after placing several orders, and especially after reading a few posts concerning shipping costs, I thought I'd offer a few observations. First, the prices for shipping - especially considering the weight and size of some of the boxes - are actually quite reasonable. For instance, in one order I received the complete Flex polisher kit (quite sizable in and of itself), a premium shine kit, several polishing pads and mf towels all for the shipping price of $28. That was more than reasonable. I know a lot of us have become used to "free shipping" online. However, I can remember the condition some of my packages arrived in when they were shipped for free. Sometimes you get what you pay for! :lolsmack:

That brings me to my next point. I can't remember ordering anything online that's arrived better packed or in a more sturdy cardboard box than the products I've received from Adam's. The boxes are VERY thick and sturdy. Also, the good people that pack these boxes utilize the space within the box very effectively and carefully place each item in the box to ensure its safe delivery. I've done a lot of online shopping and I receive packages from UPS and FedEx with such regularity that I know both drivers by name. I can't ever remember being impressed by the packaging or shipping of an item before.

So in the end, I don't mind paying for shipping because I feel I'm getting value and quality in the care used to pack my merchandise and the in the cardboard container my goods arrive in. Those packing materials aren't given to Adam's for free by the Post Office! That level of quality has to cost Adam some money. I appreciate that he doesn't cut corners in this area and it speaks to the level of perfection Adam is attempting to provide each customer.

He's got a great team working very diligently to provide excellent customer service in the shipping department of his company and I appreciate that attention to detail! I find a great value in the modest shipping prices for placing orders at Adam's. After I received my first order, saw the box and the packing job, I never gave it a second thought again!

Edited by irunnoft

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at what it costs to send a letter or pay a bill these days. No less a box that takes up space. Space is valuable these day's especially if it gets on a plane. Then you have the price of fuel. Think the price of diesel. The cost of electricity. Wages...etc. It all adds up.

As irunnoft stated Adams does a fantastic job with their shipping. I couldn't agree more.

Yeah...yeah...I know....I know. But really, you have to admit that they do an outstanding job boxing/packing these items up. Besides, the cost isn't outrageous.

ohh i will be the first guy to shake the packers hands. They do an absolute PHONOMINAL job at packing. I *got* excited everytime i opened a package to see how they cramed it all in. The boxes are nice too

a few months ago i heatidly posted about shipping. I run a business and since i have to keep my vehicles clean i write adams off. However i was gathering things for my acountant and totled up all the shipping and lets just say it was a small fortune. :help:

Due to the high shipping cost's i no longer purchase direct from Adams. I bring my business to a somewhat local Adams dealer (he does a pretty good job at packing i must say)

ohh i will be the first guy to shake the packers hands. They do an absolute PHONOMINAL job at packing. I *got* excited everytime i opened a package to see how they cramed it all in. The boxes are nice too

a few months ago i heatidly posted about shipping. I run a business and since i have to keep my vehicles clean i write adams off. However i was gathering things for my acountant and totled up all the shipping and lets just say it was a small fortune. :help:

Due to the high shipping cost's i no longer purchase direct from Adams. I bring my business to a somewhat local Adams dealer (he does a pretty good job at packing i must say)

Just to be clear, your post wasn't one that I've read or was commenting on. In fact, the thread I'd read contained a sentiment similar to what I'd said: that being that the poster was kind of bummed out to see that shipping wasn't free. So I just wanted you to know I wasn't knocking you. I never read that thread or post. :grouphug:

I'm sure if I tally up my orders, I'll find I've spent a couple of hundred bucks in shipping costs, but for me, it's worth it.

Good post Jim. The shipping costs are derived from the carrier, so Adam's has no say in what the shipping costs will be. I've placed two or three $500 orders with alot of stuff crammed in there, and the shipping is usually about $20. The smaller, daily special orders, are usually around $10. That's pretty standard.

Plus, fighting for this country has "earned" me a discount code that quickly erases any shipping costs and then some :)

EDIT: I was wrong. I looked at all my old orders, and the heavier packaged ranged from $30 - $50. There really was never a pattern to the shipping costs either, seemed kind of random. Sometimes smart post was more than home delivery, sometimes not. I guess I really never paid attention because of the military discount code.

Edited by 07RS4
Not drunk enough, can't spell.

Good post Jim. The shipping costs are derived from the carrier, so Adam's has no say in what the shipping costs will be. I've placed two or three $500 orders with alot of stuff crammed in there, and the shipping is usually about $20. The smaller, daily special orders, are usually around $10. That's pretty standard.

Plus, fighting for this country has "earned" me a discount code that quickly erases any shipping costs and then some :)

There is a military discount? That doesn't surprise me, but simply outstanding!

I have to agree that Adams uses better quality packing materials than most these days, and does an excellent job at packaging their products. I know Dylan recently posted that their 2011 loss/damage rate with FedEx was a little under 1%. In my mind, I'd give almost all the credit for that to Adams due to their packing material quality, and their care in packaging.:2thumbs:

I don't know if I can speak for Mario and Flaco in the warehouse...the two that do most of the pulling and shipping...but...

THANK YOU for the kind words about how the boxes are packed. We all take pride in that. You trust us with your money to get you product in a timely manner without being trashed. It's a lot getting by by virtually just those two men!

Mook

I don't know if I can speak for Mario and Flaco in the warehouse...the two that do most of the pulling and shipping...but...

THANK YOU for the kind words about how the boxes are packed. We all take pride in that. You trust us with your money to get you product in a timely manner without being trashed. It's a lot getting by by virtually just those two men!

Mook

You're welcome! They do a great job and just wanted to give those guys some props. I can say that I place orders online with Adam's and I've got every confidence it's going to arrive in great condition. Just thought I'd take the time to say "Thanks for a job well done."

THIS is the key. The products are the same, my prices are the same, I honor all discounts, AND you can avoid shipping altogether if you either pick up or I deliver it. I'm available on the phone almost 24 hours a day and if anyone is ever skeptical about buying a product, I let them use some of mine out of my private stock first.

Just think of your local dealer as an extension of the warehouse. :thumbsup:

THIS is the key. The products are the same, my prices are the same, I honor all discounts, AND you can avoid shipping altogether if you either pick up or I deliver it. I'm available on the phone almost 24 hours a day and if anyone is ever skeptical about buying a product, I let them use some of mine out of my private stock first.

Just think of your local dealer as an extension of the warehouse. :thumbsup:

That would be awesome IF I had an Adam's Authorized Reseller nearby, but where I live (in Western NC), I don't think I have one. :(

This is a definite advantage for people who are close enough to swing by and make purchases.

That would be awesome IF I had an Adam's Authorized Reseller nearby, but where I live (in Western NC), I don't think I have one. :(

This is a definite advantage for people who are close enough to swing by and make purchases.

Richard is in West Jefferson (Adam's Polishes) and should be able to get the products to you the next day.

I have never once thought about complaining about shipping costs from Adam's and never will. I will gladly pay for packaging and quality many times over. I've never received a box with as much as a dent in it, let alone any considerable damage.

I love free shipping from places like amazon, but I've had many amazon packages look like they've been dropped from the freight plane right on my doorstep.

So if I buy the pc ultimate kit and some buckets etc. will all of this ship in one package or will I get some stuff one day and the rest the other day? The reason I ask is because stuff in the kit like the fire hose nozzle and the metro sidekcik obviously are not made by adams. Do these ship out of adams warehouse or the original manufactures warehouses? I really just want it all at once. Also on the sidekick page where you can order it on adams site it says 3-5 day handling time.

Just in general I think the thing you have to remember with Adam's is you are paying for premium service and products. It takes money to offer both of these and Adam needs to make a few drachma too! Please factor both the service and usability (like Apple, Adam's just works) of the product. If you are going to shop around for pricing on non-Adam's made products that they sell... make sure to take in to account their no-questions-asked approach to product service... you won't get that elsewhere, and again, Adam needs to cover costs there, so you will have to pay a little more up front.

Keep up the awesome service Adam's!!! I for one am still here BECAUSE of the products and especially the service!

In this world of free internet shipping, we might be somewhat spoiled. I've read a few recent posts by forum members who seemed to balk somewhat at the shipping costs and even debated placing orders with Adam's because of the shipping. I will admit that a few thousand dollars ago, when I placed my first order, I was kinda bummed to see that I had to pay for shipping.

However, after placing several orders, and especially after reading a few posts concerning shipping costs, I thought I'd offer a few observations. First, the prices for shipping - especially considering the weight and size of some of the boxes - are actually quite reasonable. For instance, in one order I received the complete Flex polisher kit (quite sizable in and of itself), a premium shine kit, several polishing pads and mf towels all for the shipping price of $28. That was more than reasonable. I know a lot of us have become used to "free shipping" online. However, I can remember the condition some of my packages arrived in when they were shipped for free. Sometimes you get what you pay for! :lolsmack:

That brings me to my next point. I can't remember ordering anything online that's arrived better packed or in a more sturdy cardboard box than the products I've received from Adam's. The boxes are VERY thick and sturdy. Also, the good people that pack these boxes utilize the space within the box very effectively and carefully place each item in the box to ensure its safe delivery. I've done a lot of online shopping and I receive packages from UPS and FedEx with such regularity that I know both drivers by name. I can't ever remember being impressed by the packaging or shipping of an item before.

So in the end, I don't mind paying for shipping because I feel I'm getting value and quality in the care used to pack my merchandise and the in the cardboard container my goods arrive in. Those packing materials aren't given to Adam's for free by the Post Office! That level of quality has to cost Adam some money. I appreciate that he doesn't cut corners in this area and it speaks to the level of perfection Adam is attempting to provide each customer.

He's got a great team working very diligently to provide excellent customer service in the shipping department of his company and I appreciate that attention to detail! I find a great value in the modest shipping prices for placing orders at Adam's. After I received my first order, saw the box and the packing job, I never gave it a second thought again!

Ditto to everything you said - good quality boxing materials, good quality packing materials, fast & expedient shipping at a more than fair price (comparatively) and a customer service level that is at the top of the game.

:iagree:

Every order that I recieved from Adam's had been packed way past what I was expecting, and very organized. There was no damage to any of the products that I ordered. Shipping chargers from Adam's are very fair, and I have no problem paying them because I know my products will arrive undamaged and well packed.