Customer Service 866.965.0400

PROJECT: Avalanche Resurrection

Team Adam's

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
So I have a confession to make.

I've been a neglectful detailer... its been 5+ months since the last time my truck received a complete detailing. Truth be told its barely been washed like it should.

Now before you start throwing things, its actually for a couple of reasons:

1) Product testing to the point of failure (namely Quick Sealant and a wax blend)

2) Accusations from an individual that the products aren't that good b/c my truck never gets bad enough to need more than minor work.

Well this thread will be a running documentation of bringing my truck back from the brink. You might even remember awhile back I mentioned I let the dealership wash it when it was in for a warranty issue. I wanted to make fully sure that the paint was in rough shape for this.

The lengths I go to for this forum :D

I hope this thread can be something entertaining as well as informative/helpful. I'll be performing the detail over the course of probably a few weeks, working a little bit at a time, and I'll do my best to document in depth the more interesting areas - namely paint correction - as I go.

Lets start with a point of reference to show what the condition was before the neglect started and when I was staying on top of the maintenance.

68e9f2dc.jpg

3472a8a3.jpg

a1911012.jpg

cdf0818e.jpg

5f923239.jpg

a quick walk around of what I started with today... more documentation of the before condition coming.

<iframe width="960" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UAfQQ_lKaG0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I love this photo next to the wall,, really great job,, photo sets off the truck.

:bow:

Inquiring minds want to know......lol. :)

With the launch of all the new products, I imagine our buddy Dylan is RIDICULOUSLY busy! Looks like it might be June before he finishes.......understandably so.

Just wait til Dylan pops on the Forum today ;):rockon:

Yea... this has been on the back burner... 'work' and then details like the one yesterday or a Lexus LFA earlier this month (pics to come) have taken priority. I'm also currently considering unloading the Avy for something new... we'll see.

When things slow down a bit here I'll resume.

Yea... this has been on the back burner... 'work' and then details like the one yesterday or a Lexus LFA earlier this month (pics to come) have taken priority. I'm also currently considering unloading the Avy for something new... we'll see.

When things slow down a bit here I'll resume.

Man... You just can't keep them very long...

Maybe a Camaro this time? :thumbsup: I know you won't stray from GM to another domestic so that's my guess...

I need SO BADLY to get my car done. It's even got (are you sitting down?) bird poop on it... UGH! I know that'll take some time to correct, but I've been too busy spending one on one time with my son (Eli) to care. Oh that and the whole new house thing... lol

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
Woah, did you ever finish your project before selling the Avalanche?:pc:

i imagine he put on a coat of BG and then traded it in at night :lol::jester:

Nah it looked 100 times better im sure then the trashed vehicles they see going through their. I hope he got a premium trade in for it being in such good shape

Archived