Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cleaning Americana Hex Pads

DAVE SXT

Question

I've got cleaning all of my micro-fibers, waterless-wash, the great drying towels, all other towels and all other flex and PC pads as well as almost all of my hex pads down to a science......except I'm having a heck of a time cleaning the Americana Hex Pads. I don't use or rather over use the Americana Wax, but I just cannot seem to get it all out of the American Hex pad. And after I do clean them the best I can after they dry they get "powerdy".

:help:

Any and all inputs will be greatly appreciated.

17 answers to this question

i get mine damp with hot water, then squeeze all excess water out. a lot of excess wax comes out when squeezing it and i make sure to remove any wax that comes to the surface when i do so.

then i soak them in APC, rub it in with my fingers, rinse in hot water, squeeze every last drop out of it again, and repeat the process. usually takes 2 or 3 passes with APC to get it all of it out.

i didn't do this with my first americana applicator and i was having the same problem the OP was having.

I fill a bucket with the hottest water I can get, scrub the app with APC, then let it soak. If you put something heavy on top (like an inverted grit guard w/ brush on top) it will hold it under the waterline.

Remove 30-45 minutes later and hand scrub again... thats usually all it takes to get them completely spotless and wax free.

I'll give that a try. Thanks!

I use warm water and APC. Always several times. Still get the powdery stuff on the pad when dried. Is this a bad thing? I haven't noticed any issues...

Dylan... When you say soak them in APC or Dawn do you mean fill the sink with hot water and add a certain amount of either one?

Thanks...

I fill a bucket with the hottest water I can get, scrub the app with APC, then let it soak. If you put something heavy on top (like an inverted grit guard w/ brush on top) it will hold it under the waterline.

Remove 30-45 minutes later and hand scrub again... thats usually all it takes to get them completely spotless and wax free.

I use warm water and APC. Always several times. Still get the powdery stuff on the pad when dried. Is this a bad thing? I haven't noticed any issues...

Dylan... When you say soak them in APC or Dawn do you mean fill the sink with hot water and add a certain amount of either one?

Thanks...

APC and rub in with your fingers... If you cant completely clean them, buy a couple and use 1 for each product...Americana, spray sealant and glaze. Thats what I do

I do the same, and store them in OPENED ziploc bags with the product name written on the bag.

Anything water soluble will wash out easy...

So the fact that it doesnt, is a good thing. That means more durability on our paint. I don't know how much of the APC I would waste trying to get them spotless, that's some expensive cleaner to waste.

:iagree: I just leave my in the jar, and keep the wax paper that was in there originally between it and the pad. Found the pad in the jar to begin with.

Anything water soluble will wash out easy...

So the fact that it doesnt, is a good thing. That means more durability on our paint. I don't know how much of the APC I would waste trying to get them spotless, that's some expensive cleaner to waste.

I've got cleaning all of my micro-fibers, waterless-wash, the great drying towels, all other towels and all other flex and PC pads as well as almost all of my hex pads down to a science......except I'm having a heck of a time cleaning the Americana Hex Pads. I don't use or rather over use the Americana Wax, but I just cannot seem to get it all out of the American Hex pad. And after I do clean them the best I can after they dry they get "powerdy".

:help:

Any and all inputs will be greatly appreciated.

I have this exact same issue.. figured that's just how it was. Never seems to be a problem when I go to wax again though.

Archived