Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ever Take a Picture you just had to share?

crowvet

Interesting with the 2 different trees. Got any others? A show that I enjoy is From the Edge with Peter Lik. Ever watch it?

Yeah, a couple different ones.... No I have never watched it I will have to check it out. What network?

P1010914.jpg

P1010913.jpg

From the Edge With Peter Lik

About The Show

Photographer: Peter Lik

Price: $1,000,000

Peter-Lik-One.jpg

Renowned globally as a landscape photographer, Australian photographer, Peter Lik is said to be one of the most accomplished and talented professional photographers in the industry. One of his creations, ‘One’ made history last year, when it was sold for a whopping $1,000,0000 and entered into the elite list of the world’ most expensive photographs ever sold. With his remarkable rise in the field of photography, Peter Lik and his work is constantly counted in the league of legends such as Ansel Adams and is even known to be an adventurer. The ‘One’ is one of the most stunning nature shots that was captured in a moment’s stillness and was captured on the banks of the Androscoggin River in New Hampshire. The One gives the impression of a painting rather than that of a photograph with a gripping splash of natural light and colors. Hailed as one of the most influential artists of the 21<SUP>st</SUP> century, Peter Lik is best known for some of his riveting photos such as the Ghost, Angel’s Heart, Pele’s Whisper and Tree of Life.

That's an awesome picture. I think if you crop out the gutter in the bottom right hand corner you got yourself an even better photo.

Almost makes it look like "fire over ice" with the contrast of the trees.

Daryle: If those trees are their natural color and wasn't changed by photo software, you got a winner.

I'm a semi-professional photographer and have to say that if the concrete thing wasn't in the photo, it would be a fantastic photograph. What camera, settings and lens were you using? Any type of filter? Keep up the great work - you seem to have a great eye for this.

Daryle: If those trees are their natural color and wasn't changed by photo software, you got a winner.

I'm a semi-professional photographer and have to say that if the concrete thing wasn't in the photo, it would be a fantastic photograph. What camera, settings and lens were you using? Any type of filter? Keep up the great work - you seem to have a great eye for this.

That is the sun shining on the trees in the back. No alterations done. I bought a Lumix DMC TS2 for camping ect. Shot the picture in zoom on intelligent auto. Nothing special here, I just got lucky:cheers:

That is the sun shining on the trees in the back. No alterations done. I bought a Lumix DMC TS2 for camping ect. Shot the picture in zoom on intelligent auto. Nothing special here, I just got lucky:cheers:

Well then you did a super job. With all the high tech photo altering software, it's hard to tell if a photo has been re-touched. I have a cheap software program but I don't use it to alter my photo's. Mostly for cropping them. If I can't get it right the first time then there is more I need to know from the learning curve. When in doubt, take a few more of the same photo only make small changes in your settings.

Well then you did a super job. With all the high tech photo altering software, it's hard to tell if a photo has been re-touched. I have a cheap software program but I don't use it to alter my photo's. Mostly for cropping them. If I can't get it right the first time then there is more I need to know from the learning curve. When in doubt, take a few more of the same photo only make small changes in your settings.

I am really enjoying taking pictures, I find myself doing it daily. I am playing around more and more with different settings. Maybe I have found a new hobby to go OCD on? I tend to do that you know? I think most of us here have a compulsion to get better with our rides and everything else we take an interest in. Where are you located? I am in Oregon Too.

That is a GORGEOUS shot...whats all that white stuff? :jester:

Corners: THANK YOU for being a "true" photog...and not one that uses heavy software enhancement. We do some side photography work at many car shows in Florida and my shots are not altered either. You just gotta know your equipment. And have some luck. I'll fire off thousands of shots at an event, like the Blue Angels or Sebring, and maybe only have 50 to 100 that are worth keeping.

Great pictures Daryle:cheers:

How are you enjoying the snow? Are you expecting any more where you live? They are supose to get up to 8 inches in Portland and a couple inches in the valley i know. We are expecting 1 1/2 ft tonight.

It was funny Sunday it looks like it snowed everywhere in Oregon except Bend and Klamath Falls, The 2 places that you expect it to snow.

Great pictures Daryle:cheers:

How are you enjoying the snow? Are you expecting any more where you live? They are supose to get up to 8 inches in Portland and a couple inches in the valley i know. We are expecting 1 1/2 ft tonight.

It was funny Sunday it looks like it snowed everywhere in Oregon except Bend and Klamath Falls, The 2 places that you expect it to snow.

Hey Dan, Our snow has turned to rain. Funny because all the schools are closed north of us and the news keeps talking how bad it is. We must have got ours a day early. It was a odd storm, you are right about Bend and Klamath. I really don't think we will get anymore and will be surprised if we do.

Hey Dan, Our snow has turned to rain. Funny because all the schools are closed north of us and the news keeps talking how bad it is. We must have got ours a day early. It was a odd storm, you are right about Bend and Klamath. I really don't think we will get anymore and will be surprised if we do.

I think they are expecting more tonight.

Its funny when they get 1 inch of snow in the valley and Portland the close schools. We have to get about 3 feet over night in order to cancel school here:lolsmack:

Archived