Customer Service 866.965.0400

COVERAGE: Adam's @ Scottsdale Auction Week 2012

Sitting in the airport bar waiting for my flight... 200+/- pictures from the last couple days still uploading... if they're not ready by the time I board the plane I'll get them up when I get home.

Thanks for following my uploads everyone. Auction week was another absolute blast and I rolled out of bed every morning I was here thankful that my job affords me the opportunity to come to such things and spectate. Can't wait until next year!

Awesome pics Dylan!! I just spoke to my father-in-law and uncle this afternoon about us using my timeshare in Scottsdale so we can attend next year. So, I might be asking you for tips on how to enjoy the auction week to the fullest.

Dylan, any chance that you got a picture of the carbon fiber R8 that was in the vender tent near the show entrance? It was pretty sick and I forgot to snap a picture of it.

I also spotted this guy walking around the west tent last night:

6747503465_d9351ae205.jpg

Unfortunately it's a bit blurry. I snapped it too quick with my iPhone and didn't realize it until later. It was a bottle of DS. You can tell the Adam's logo in the shot, but not the product.

I love the shot of the 3 '71 Cuda's (my favorite car). I hear rumors that Chrysler wants to replace the Challenger with the Cuda, but skeptics say since "Plymouth" is gone, it just won't be the same.

Nice shots Dylan.....Thanks.

Thanks for all the shots Dylan!! GREAT work dude. :)

My pleasure.... I was a little disappointed I didn't get EVERYTHING... I was on a mission to document every car that was note-worthy, but its such a huge event that I missed a few sections.

Still... 550+/- shots ain't too shabby. :cheers:

My pleasure.... I was a little disappointed I didn't get EVERYTHING... I was on a mission to document every car that was note-worthy, but its such a huge event that I missed a few sections.

It's amazing how big it is. At about 8 on Sat. night after the crowds died down we back down the tent row that had the Spyker and the brown Diablo. Needed to get a closer look at them, plus the SL65 Black was down at the vender tent by them. While down there, I noticed another row of tent down in the SE corner of West World next to the CAP bank I hadn't even noticed before. I'm wondering now how many more hidden sections were around that we missed. The place is massive.

It's amazing how big it is. At about 8 on Sat. night after the crowds died down we back down the tent row that had the Spyker and the brown Diablo. Needed to get a closer look at them, plus the SL65 Black was down at the vender tent by them. While down there, I noticed another row of tent down in the SE corner of West World next to the CAP bank I hadn't even noticed before. I'm wondering now how many more hidden sections were around that we missed. The place is massive.

Yea, layout was a little different this year and they had other tents tucked in various corners. Talking to a few sellers there was also a remote lot for overflow where cars going late Sunday were being held. Apparently they oversold the consignment this year and had to lease an off site storage spot for the extra cars.

Crazy how much was there this year... as we kept saying "What recession?" LOL

My wife and I were talking about what she called the "classic car bubble." Following the BJ auction here and watching the Detraoit auto show on TV this weekend it seems as if the car industry is starting to bouce back very well. It is an exciting time for the American automobile.

BTW Dylan, I understand the frustration of wanting to get a photo of everything noteworthy. When I was a safety auditor it was essential that we documented everything. 500 plus photo for a 300 square foot room. The upload was incredebly time consuming. But well worth it to get the perfect photos.

Archived